Dec 14, 2010, 5:27 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:27 pm: The Nuggets are officially calling it a “partially torn ligament” in his wrist, which is one way of saying a bad sprain. This is likely residual from a Nov.20 fall against the Nets, Billups has played through wrist pain ever since.
3:17 pm: It was a surprise — Chauncey Billups walked out the Denver Nuggets shootaround Tuesday morning before their game in Orlando with a sore wrist.
Now he will be out about a week because of his wrist, according to Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post (via twitter). The exact nature of the injury is not yet known. A week would mean missing games against the Magic Tuesday, the Spurs Thursday and the Timberwolves on Saturday. Next up after that is the Spurs again Dec. 22.
No Billups means a lot more Ty Lawson at the point. In very limited minutes Lawson has looked good with Denver’s other starting four, but this will be a much bigger test.
- Klay Thompson says he expects to play next season with Warriors, not be traded 0
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 24
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 55
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19