Dec 14, 2010, 5:27 PM EST
UPDATE 5:27 pm: The Nuggets are officially calling it a “partially torn ligament” in his wrist, which is one way of saying a bad sprain. This is likely residual from a Nov.20 fall against the Nets, Billups has played through wrist pain ever since.
3:17 pm: It was a surprise — Chauncey Billups walked out the Denver Nuggets shootaround Tuesday morning before their game in Orlando with a sore wrist.
Now he will be out about a week because of his wrist, according to Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post (via twitter). The exact nature of the injury is not yet known. A week would mean missing games against the Magic Tuesday, the Spurs Thursday and the Timberwolves on Saturday. Next up after that is the Spurs again Dec. 22.
No Billups means a lot more Ty Lawson at the point. In very limited minutes Lawson has looked good with Denver’s other starting four, but this will be a much bigger test.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8