Dec 14, 2010, 3:34 AM EDT
What you missed while reminiscing about how great Moses Malone was…
Our game of the night was LeBron James’ team besting his good friend Chris Paul’s team….
Bucks 103, Mavericks 99: Dallas has played some very good zone defense during the 12-game win streak they had entering this game — Brandon Jennings carved it up with penetration, Andrew Bogut exposed the soft middle of it. When the Mavericks tried man-to-man that didn’t work either. Bogut was 8 of 8 at the rim and the Bucks as a team were 9-13 from three — inside and out.
Add to that the Bucks — the worst per-possession offense in the league coming into this game — figured it out. At least for one night. Really it’s been more than one night, they have played better the last week. We wondered if it was a mirage. Nope, they are playing well again.
Dallas jumped out to a 20-point second quarter lead so this is not how we expected this one to end. Early on, it looked like a lot of the last dozen Mavericks games. But the Dallas offense was not consistent while the Bucks offense started taking apart the zone. And it just went like that.
Grizzlies 86, Trail Blazers 73: The Blazers had a small lead entering the fourth quarter, but a Grizzlies 15-2 run to start the fourth was what changed the game. Portland shot 21 percent with five turnovers in the fourth quarter, on their way to 9 points. A lot of that is just the Blazers, their offense can really stagnate right now, especially when Roy is 3 of 13.
Bulls 92, Pacers 73: Chicago is playing good defense and the Pacers can get confused on offense, and the result is the Bulls were out to an 18-2 lead. The Pacers battled back and actually had the lead and were in it until midway through the fourth. Once again Jim O’Brien stuck with James Posey and T.J. Ford and kept other starters on the bench late, even when things looked bad. Hibbert with 20 minutes for the game, Collison sat the fourth quarter again. Worst rotations in the game right now.
Jazz 108, Warriors 95: Golden State shot 32.5 percent on shots at the rim. That’s 32.5 percent on dunks, layups, tip-ins and other chip shots. What else needs be said?
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48