Dec 14, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Andray Blatche likely will not suit up for the Wizards against the Los Angeles Lakers Tuesday night, so it’s JaVale McGee against the entire reconstituted Laker front line. That should go well.
But Blatche had his knee drained of fluid, the knee that has kept him out of two of the Wizards previous three games, in an effort to get back on the court.
The bad news is he had to get it drained — that tends to be the sign of a chronic issue, not a one-time thing. And as Blatche’s knee issue is listed as tendinitis, we’ll stick with the chronic call.
Short term the drained knee may have Blatche back out on the court Thursday against the Nets and for a while after that. But this is something to watch for the long term.
On a separate note, John Wall also is out Tuesday night for the Wizards against the Lakers.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9