Dec 14, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Andray Blatche likely will not suit up for the Wizards against the Los Angeles Lakers Tuesday night, so it’s JaVale McGee against the entire reconstituted Laker front line. That should go well.
But Blatche had his knee drained of fluid, the knee that has kept him out of two of the Wizards previous three games, in an effort to get back on the court.
The bad news is he had to get it drained — that tends to be the sign of a chronic issue, not a one-time thing. And as Blatche’s knee issue is listed as tendinitis, we’ll stick with the chronic call.
Short term the drained knee may have Blatche back out on the court Thursday against the Nets and for a while after that. But this is something to watch for the long term.
On a separate note, John Wall also is out Tuesday night for the Wizards against the Lakers.
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 8
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 11
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 39
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6