Dec 14, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Andray Blatche likely will not suit up for the Wizards against the Los Angeles Lakers Tuesday night, so it’s JaVale McGee against the entire reconstituted Laker front line. That should go well.
But Blatche had his knee drained of fluid, the knee that has kept him out of two of the Wizards previous three games, in an effort to get back on the court.
The bad news is he had to get it drained — that tends to be the sign of a chronic issue, not a one-time thing. And as Blatche’s knee issue is listed as tendinitis, we’ll stick with the chronic call.
Short term the drained knee may have Blatche back out on the court Thursday against the Nets and for a while after that. But this is something to watch for the long term.
On a separate note, John Wall also is out Tuesday night for the Wizards against the Lakers.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 6
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 13
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5