Dec 14, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Andray Blatche likely will not suit up for the Wizards against the Los Angeles Lakers Tuesday night, so it’s JaVale McGee against the entire reconstituted Laker front line. That should go well.
But Blatche had his knee drained of fluid, the knee that has kept him out of two of the Wizards previous three games, in an effort to get back on the court.
The bad news is he had to get it drained — that tends to be the sign of a chronic issue, not a one-time thing. And as Blatche’s knee issue is listed as tendinitis, we’ll stick with the chronic call.
Short term the drained knee may have Blatche back out on the court Thursday against the Nets and for a while after that. But this is something to watch for the long term.
On a separate note, John Wall also is out Tuesday night for the Wizards against the Lakers.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 0
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 22
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36