Dec 14, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Andray Blatche likely will not suit up for the Wizards against the Los Angeles Lakers Tuesday night, so it’s JaVale McGee against the entire reconstituted Laker front line. That should go well.
But Blatche had his knee drained of fluid, the knee that has kept him out of two of the Wizards previous three games, in an effort to get back on the court.
The bad news is he had to get it drained — that tends to be the sign of a chronic issue, not a one-time thing. And as Blatche’s knee issue is listed as tendinitis, we’ll stick with the chronic call.
Short term the drained knee may have Blatche back out on the court Thursday against the Nets and for a while after that. But this is something to watch for the long term.
On a separate note, John Wall also is out Tuesday night for the Wizards against the Lakers.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 26
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 34
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7