Dec 13, 2010, 8:15 AM EST
Remember how last week Tyreke Evans said he was going to see a foot specialist, which doesn’t sound good? But then the MRI came back and it was all just a mild case of plantar fasciitis. Which hurts like someone was stabbing your heel with every step — but no fracture, so yea!!
The pain is going to keep Evans out of the next three games, meaning a week off (until next Sunday), according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee on twitter. and he misses showdowns with Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul. It kind of looked like he needed it after a lackluster performance against the Heat (5 points).
The Kings offense has been awful this season, in large part because the fearless attacking of the paint that made Evans Rookie of the Year last year has been replaced by a more passive Evans who is taking three fewer shots a game at the rim. Those are being replaced by little shots around the basket (less than 10 feet) where he is shooting 29.9 percent, and more three pointers, where he is shooting 29.5 percent.
Evans needs to get healthy and needs to get back to attacking the rim if the Kings are going to salvage anything from this season.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8