Dec 13, 2010, 8:15 AM EDT
Remember how last week Tyreke Evans said he was going to see a foot specialist, which doesn’t sound good? But then the MRI came back and it was all just a mild case of plantar fasciitis. Which hurts like someone was stabbing your heel with every step — but no fracture, so yea!!
The pain is going to keep Evans out of the next three games, meaning a week off (until next Sunday), according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee on twitter. and he misses showdowns with Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul. It kind of looked like he needed it after a lackluster performance against the Heat (5 points).
The Kings offense has been awful this season, in large part because the fearless attacking of the paint that made Evans Rookie of the Year last year has been replaced by a more passive Evans who is taking three fewer shots a game at the rim. Those are being replaced by little shots around the basket (less than 10 feet) where he is shooting 29.9 percent, and more three pointers, where he is shooting 29.5 percent.
Evans needs to get healthy and needs to get back to attacking the rim if the Kings are going to salvage anything from this season.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 23
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2