Dec 13, 2010, 1:51 PM EDT
Michael Jordan hasn’t suited up for an NBA game in seven seasons, and it’s been a dozen since anything meaningful (sorry Wizards fans). Yet Jordan and the Air Jordan line still have a virtual monopoly on the basketball shoe market.
So we bring you this sneak peak at the 2011 version — courtesy Counterkicks — complete with a description of the shoes.
Features a crafted and perforated leather upper along with mesh insets at the ankles and a mesh tongue. Underfoot an ice blue translucent rubber outsole with segmented flex points handle traction. The biggest tech story to the shoe is what appears to be a fully interchangeable insole with carbon fiber torsion midfoot support cradling either your choice of a full length Air unit or heel and footfoot Zoom Air.
Nike has said they want the Air Jordan lines to be more “handcrafted” and to take the other Nike shoes in a more futuristic direction. Well, here you go down that line.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 14
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 55
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73