Dec 13, 2010, 1:51 PM EDT
Michael Jordan hasn’t suited up for an NBA game in seven seasons, and it’s been a dozen since anything meaningful (sorry Wizards fans). Yet Jordan and the Air Jordan line still have a virtual monopoly on the basketball shoe market.
So we bring you this sneak peak at the 2011 version — courtesy Counterkicks — complete with a description of the shoes.
Features a crafted and perforated leather upper along with mesh insets at the ankles and a mesh tongue. Underfoot an ice blue translucent rubber outsole with segmented flex points handle traction. The biggest tech story to the shoe is what appears to be a fully interchangeable insole with carbon fiber torsion midfoot support cradling either your choice of a full length Air unit or heel and footfoot Zoom Air.
Nike has said they want the Air Jordan lines to be more “handcrafted” and to take the other Nike shoes in a more futuristic direction. Well, here you go down that line.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 4
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights