Dec 13, 2010, 1:03 PM EDT
Teams are shooting 68.3 percent at the rim against the Phoenix Suns this season, the second highest percentage in the league.
The other teams in the top five? Sacramento, Washington, Detroit and Minnesota. Four other teams you don’t want to be mentioned in the same sentence with.
The return of Robin Lopez to protecting the paint for the Suns this week should help bring that percentage down. Lopez likely will return Wednesday against the Timberwolves, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
Lopez had a pretty severe knee sprain — with partially torn ligaments — after teammate Jared Dudley fell into him on Nov 14. It wasn’t something that required surgery, it just took time. The Suns went out and got Earl Barron to help out in the middle while Lopez was out. But Barron is cannot touch Lopez defensively.
Now Lopez should be back with the pinched nerve bothering his right leg and the sprained knee in his left fully healed. If he can protect the rim a little better, the Suns may improve on their 5-5 record over their last 10.
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 1
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 11
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 48
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights