Dec 13, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
Francisco Elson was born in the Netherlands, now is playing in the NBA on a Canadian visa. Hasn’t been a problem for seven NBA seasons. Recently it came time to renew his visa, and that means Elson will be out for the Jazz Monday night against the Warriors.
The reason is you have to spend 48 hours in Canada to renew the visa, which is a standard operating procedure that doesn’t mesh with the NBA schedule.
When the Jazz take on the Hornets Friday, Elson will be back in the lineup. Not that they will miss him that much, he’s averaging 11 minutes a game, giving then 2.7 points and 2.3 rebounds per game.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6