Dec 13, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
Francisco Elson was born in the Netherlands, now is playing in the NBA on a Canadian visa. Hasn’t been a problem for seven NBA seasons. Recently it came time to renew his visa, and that means Elson will be out for the Jazz Monday night against the Warriors.
The reason is you have to spend 48 hours in Canada to renew the visa, which is a standard operating procedure that doesn’t mesh with the NBA schedule.
When the Jazz take on the Hornets Friday, Elson will be back in the lineup. Not that they will miss him that much, he’s averaging 11 minutes a game, giving then 2.7 points and 2.3 rebounds per game.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47