Dec 13, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
Francisco Elson was born in the Netherlands, now is playing in the NBA on a Canadian visa. Hasn’t been a problem for seven NBA seasons. Recently it came time to renew his visa, and that means Elson will be out for the Jazz Monday night against the Warriors.
The reason is you have to spend 48 hours in Canada to renew the visa, which is a standard operating procedure that doesn’t mesh with the NBA schedule.
When the Jazz take on the Hornets Friday, Elson will be back in the lineup. Not that they will miss him that much, he’s averaging 11 minutes a game, giving then 2.7 points and 2.3 rebounds per game.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 26
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 29
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30