Dec 13, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
Francisco Elson was born in the Netherlands, now is playing in the NBA on a Canadian visa. Hasn’t been a problem for seven NBA seasons. Recently it came time to renew his visa, and that means Elson will be out for the Jazz Monday night against the Warriors.
The reason is you have to spend 48 hours in Canada to renew the visa, which is a standard operating procedure that doesn’t mesh with the NBA schedule.
When the Jazz take on the Hornets Friday, Elson will be back in the lineup. Not that they will miss him that much, he’s averaging 11 minutes a game, giving then 2.7 points and 2.3 rebounds per game.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16