Dec 13, 2010, 10:51 AM EDT
“Why are you in the game?”
“Why did you take that shot?”
“You’re out of shape!”
Clippers fans have been yelling that at Baron Davis for years.
Now that is what Clippers owner Donald Sterling has been yelling at Davis, Marc Spears of Yahoo reports. Apparently Sterling has taunted other players as well, but like other Clippers fans Davis gets the brunt of Sterling’s wrath.
Sterling is notorious for not wanting to pay if he isn’t getting the service — the last few coaches he fired had to sue to get the rest of their guaranteed contract money. He opened up his checkbook and paid for Davis and he has a right to be frustrated with the return on investment there.
So he is publicly venting at his own team, because that probably makes him feel bigger and more important. Even if it is terrible management.
Of course, Sterling should hear the venom and taunts that are yelled at him nightly from the Clippers fans in the 300 level seats (and the 100 level seats, frankly):
“You’re no Jerry Buss, heck you’re not even a James Dolan.”
“San Diego called, they told LA to please keep the Clippers.”
“Sell the team.”
There are a lot more, but as this is a family publication we can’t repeat them here.
Just like Sterling’s taunts at Davis, the fans’ taunts are ignored. And life goes on with the Clippers. Same as it ever was.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48