Dec 13, 2010, 10:51 AM EST
“Why are you in the game?”
“Why did you take that shot?”
“You’re out of shape!”
Clippers fans have been yelling that at Baron Davis for years.
Now that is what Clippers owner Donald Sterling has been yelling at Davis, Marc Spears of Yahoo reports. Apparently Sterling has taunted other players as well, but like other Clippers fans Davis gets the brunt of Sterling’s wrath.
Sterling is notorious for not wanting to pay if he isn’t getting the service — the last few coaches he fired had to sue to get the rest of their guaranteed contract money. He opened up his checkbook and paid for Davis and he has a right to be frustrated with the return on investment there.
So he is publicly venting at his own team, because that probably makes him feel bigger and more important. Even if it is terrible management.
Of course, Sterling should hear the venom and taunts that are yelled at him nightly from the Clippers fans in the 300 level seats (and the 100 level seats, frankly):
“You’re no Jerry Buss, heck you’re not even a James Dolan.”
“San Diego called, they told LA to please keep the Clippers.”
“Sell the team.”
There are a lot more, but as this is a family publication we can’t repeat them here.
Just like Sterling’s taunts at Davis, the fans’ taunts are ignored. And life goes on with the Clippers. Same as it ever was.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11