Dec 12, 2010, 2:31 PM EDT
Avery Johnson has been trying to see what his young players have got, and so Damion James has been getting some run — at least 15 minutes in 8 of the last 9. Not that he has been giving them a not of production — 35 percent shooting and too many turnovers, but the rebounding has been nice — still he is getting a chance.
Or was. He has broken his foot and will be out for a while, as reported by Inside Hoops.
Exactly how long he’ll be out remains to be seen, specialists will look at this and decide.
Quinton Ross got the three spot start for the Nets against the Lakers (and the Kobe Bryant assignment) but the guy this really means a lot to is Terrence Williams. Back from the D-League, Avery Johnson has given Williams some run but now will have to trust him more. So long as he shows up to practice on time.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 26
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28