Dec 11, 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
Chris Kaman — you know, that tall guy who is supposed to be playing next to Blake Griffin — will be out the next three weeks at least, the team announced.
He has an “aggravated bone bruise and deltoid ligament sprain of his left ankle.” Which means his ankle really, really hurts right now. This is basically what has kept Yao Ming out for a month.
Kaman was an All-Star last season, when for the first half of the season the Clippers ran the offense through him. This season his shooting is down to 38 percent, he is scoring 10.5 points a game and he is struggling to stay healthy. Still, the Clippers need him to get used to playing next to Griffin, because the rookie isn’t going anywhere.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43