Dec 11, 2010, 9:01 AM EST
Chris Kaman — you know, that tall guy who is supposed to be playing next to Blake Griffin — will be out the next three weeks at least, the team announced.
He has an “aggravated bone bruise and deltoid ligament sprain of his left ankle.” Which means his ankle really, really hurts right now. This is basically what has kept Yao Ming out for a month.
Kaman was an All-Star last season, when for the first half of the season the Clippers ran the offense through him. This season his shooting is down to 38 percent, he is scoring 10.5 points a game and he is struggling to stay healthy. Still, the Clippers need him to get used to playing next to Griffin, because the rookie isn’t going anywhere.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20