Dec 11, 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
Chris Kaman — you know, that tall guy who is supposed to be playing next to Blake Griffin — will be out the next three weeks at least, the team announced.
He has an “aggravated bone bruise and deltoid ligament sprain of his left ankle.” Which means his ankle really, really hurts right now. This is basically what has kept Yao Ming out for a month.
Kaman was an All-Star last season, when for the first half of the season the Clippers ran the offense through him. This season his shooting is down to 38 percent, he is scoring 10.5 points a game and he is struggling to stay healthy. Still, the Clippers need him to get used to playing next to Griffin, because the rookie isn’t going anywhere.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10