Dec 10, 2010, 2:51 PM EDT
Back on Dec. 1, when the Spursv were in Los Angeles, Manu Ginobili thought he saw a strange light in the sky.
He told Jeff McDonald of the Express-News he thought a plane was crashing at nearby Santa Monica Airport, but that turned out not to be the case. So he tweeted about it, put it up on Facebook and moved on…
Then Friday TMZ posted a video of the light and Ginobili talking about it, taken by a fan there to collect autographs. And so now we all want to know — what did Manu really see?
More importantly did it cause his shooting slump? From Dec. 1 — when Ginobili saw the light and for all we know was abducted by aliens — he is shooting 29.2 percent. He is 6 of 23 from three since then.
Coincidence? That’s what Scully thought, but we all know Mulder was right. Things happen for a reason. The truth is out there.
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 10
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 7
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0