Dec 10, 2010, 9:16 PM EDT
Chris Bosh is not loved in Toronto. At all. He left the Toronto Raptors cold and the feelings north of the border match it. I mean, check this out. It’s not quite in the “LeBron is not loved in Cleveland” category of outright hated, but that is just because Canadians are too nice.
Canadians love their own. Like Steve Nash. Like Joel Anthony. Like Jamaal Magloire.
Here’s the problem, as pointed out by Chris Tomasson at FanHouse: Bosh, Anthony and Magloire are all on the same team. The Miami Heat. The team everybody outside of South Florida already hates.
“I think they’re more mad at Bosh leaving (but) they’re happy for us,” Magloire said of how Canadian fans look at the Heat.
“That’s just the current situation,” said Anthony, who spent time in Toronto last summer and said “some fans were hurt” by Bosh’s departure. “Obviously, it’s tough for a team like the Raptors to lose someone like Chris.”
Bosh and the Heat do not head up to Toronto until February (because if you’re going to Toronto the dead of winter is the time). We’ll see how the love/hate plays out then.
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 22
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 13
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 33
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 13
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 21
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (104)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead