Dec 9, 2010, 11:55 AM EDT
The whole play looked pretty innocent, with Stephen Curry out at the three-point line on the right side looking to make a play when he stopped and called time out.
A few minutes later he was being helped to the locker room. He left he arena that night wearing a protective boot.
Curry has sprained his right ankle four times this season (at least), the second quarter of the Warriors loss to the Spurs was just the latest one. The first was late in the preseason and it has been an ongoing issue ever since. Postgame X-rays showed no fracture, according to Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle.
That’s the good news. The bad news is this ankle needs to rest — once sprained it is easy to sprain it again if it does not fully heal — and Simmons suggests it could be a while before it is right. Curry is likely going to miss some time. How much is hard to say but at this point rushing back doesn’t seem wise.
The Warriors are expected to sign Acie Law today to provide depth at point guard, according to the Chronicle. Law was let go by Memphis recently. This also will mean more minutes for Reggie Williams in the back court as well, he dropped 31 on the Spurs, but he is not a point guard.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41