Dec 9, 2010, 11:55 AM EDT
The whole play looked pretty innocent, with Stephen Curry out at the three-point line on the right side looking to make a play when he stopped and called time out.
A few minutes later he was being helped to the locker room. He left he arena that night wearing a protective boot.
Curry has sprained his right ankle four times this season (at least), the second quarter of the Warriors loss to the Spurs was just the latest one. The first was late in the preseason and it has been an ongoing issue ever since. Postgame X-rays showed no fracture, according to Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle.
That’s the good news. The bad news is this ankle needs to rest — once sprained it is easy to sprain it again if it does not fully heal — and Simmons suggests it could be a while before it is right. Curry is likely going to miss some time. How much is hard to say but at this point rushing back doesn’t seem wise.
The Warriors are expected to sign Acie Law today to provide depth at point guard, according to the Chronicle. Law was let go by Memphis recently. This also will mean more minutes for Reggie Williams in the back court as well, he dropped 31 on the Spurs, but he is not a point guard.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 0
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10