Dec 9, 2010, 11:55 AM EDT
The whole play looked pretty innocent, with Stephen Curry out at the three-point line on the right side looking to make a play when he stopped and called time out.
A few minutes later he was being helped to the locker room. He left he arena that night wearing a protective boot.
Curry has sprained his right ankle four times this season (at least), the second quarter of the Warriors loss to the Spurs was just the latest one. The first was late in the preseason and it has been an ongoing issue ever since. Postgame X-rays showed no fracture, according to Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle.
That’s the good news. The bad news is this ankle needs to rest — once sprained it is easy to sprain it again if it does not fully heal — and Simmons suggests it could be a while before it is right. Curry is likely going to miss some time. How much is hard to say but at this point rushing back doesn’t seem wise.
The Warriors are expected to sign Acie Law today to provide depth at point guard, according to the Chronicle. Law was let go by Memphis recently. This also will mean more minutes for Reggie Williams in the back court as well, he dropped 31 on the Spurs, but he is not a point guard.
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 29
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 9
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1