Dec 9, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
Yesterday rumors surfaced of David Filo — New Orleans native and insanely rich founder of Yahoo — was interested in buying the team and keeping them in the Big Easy.
Not so fast. Yahoo officially denies that he is buying the team, according to Tom Ziller of SB Nation. A company spokesman denied the report. Frankly I don’t know if I trust the original rumor or a PR person less in this case, so pick your poison on what is reality.
The question really becomes who? If not Filo, who? What New Orleans personality with the money is going to step forward and spend $300 million (give or take) to get the team. Filo was the first and only name to surface, although you can bet Jac Sperling is working hard to find someone or someones.
Meanwhile, the sharks are circling — there are plenty of investors interested if they can move the team.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32