Dec 9, 2010, 6:01 PM EDT
Yesterday rumors surfaced of David Filo — New Orleans native and insanely rich founder of Yahoo — was interested in buying the team and keeping them in the Big Easy.
Not so fast. Yahoo officially denies that he is buying the team, according to Tom Ziller of SB Nation. A company spokesman denied the report. Frankly I don’t know if I trust the original rumor or a PR person less in this case, so pick your poison on what is reality.
The question really becomes who? If not Filo, who? What New Orleans personality with the money is going to step forward and spend $300 million (give or take) to get the team. Filo was the first and only name to surface, although you can bet Jac Sperling is working hard to find someone or someones.
Meanwhile, the sharks are circling — there are plenty of investors interested if they can move the team.
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 0
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 21
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 7
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18