Dec 9, 2010, 6:01 PM EST
Yesterday rumors surfaced of David Filo — New Orleans native and insanely rich founder of Yahoo — was interested in buying the team and keeping them in the Big Easy.
Not so fast. Yahoo officially denies that he is buying the team, according to Tom Ziller of SB Nation. A company spokesman denied the report. Frankly I don’t know if I trust the original rumor or a PR person less in this case, so pick your poison on what is reality.
The question really becomes who? If not Filo, who? What New Orleans personality with the money is going to step forward and spend $300 million (give or take) to get the team. Filo was the first and only name to surface, although you can bet Jac Sperling is working hard to find someone or someones.
Meanwhile, the sharks are circling — there are plenty of investors interested if they can move the team.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 25
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8