Dec 9, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
Remember all that talk about resting Rajon Rondo’s sore hamstring and him taking some games off? Forget we ever said that.
What we meant was Shaquille O’Neal was going to take a night off.
That is what is happening Thursday against Philadelphia — Rondo is in and Shaq is out. Paul Pierce also is going to go, despite having flu-like symptoms. All that according to A. Sherrod Blakely of Comcast New England on twitter.
Of course, it’s Philly, so all of them could sit and the Celtics would probably still win by 12.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 7
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 5
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10