Dec 9, 2010, 5:43 PM EST
Cleveland Cavaliers coach Byron Scott is out of the Pat Riley, old-school mode in some ways — hard practices and he expects his guys to bust it on the court. Every time.
He’s also willing to bend the ear of an official. And by bend I mean use language that would make a sailor blush. Which can get him into trouble.
It did recently, and Scott’s wife would like to see more of that. I’ll let Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld explain.
I mentioned that Byron Scott was fined $35,000 by the league after criticizing the referees following a loss to the Orlando Magic. Scott wasn’t concerned and responded, “My checkbook is fine.” He wasn’t kidding. The head coach’s wallet is in such good shape that he lets his wife, Anita, go on a shopping spree of equal value each time he receives a fine from the league.
Christmas baby! Santa’s sleigh is going to have to carry about $35,000 extra this year. At least.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 23
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 38
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28