Dec 8, 2010, 3:34 PM EST
Tyreke Evans announced yesterday that he was going to see a specialist about the plantar fasciitis that has been bothering him. He stayed behind in Los Angeles after the Kings loss to the Clippers to see the doctor.
Evans is expected to be playing tonight when the Wizards come to Sacramento, according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee.
The word I’ve received is Evans is not expected to miss any games and that continued rehab is the plan.
It’s not really a surprise. There is no easy answer for plantar fasciitis, the inflammation of a foot membrane that presents as heel pain. It’s a fairly common NBA injury and the only way to get better is extended rest. Until then, there are treatments to help but it’s really a matter of pain tolerance.
Evans is playing — tonight against John Wall, which means no rest — and this remains something to watch going forward.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 27
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10