Dec 8, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
Tyreke Evans announced yesterday that he was going to see a specialist about the plantar fasciitis that has been bothering him. He stayed behind in Los Angeles after the Kings loss to the Clippers to see the doctor.
Evans is expected to be playing tonight when the Wizards come to Sacramento, according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee.
The word I’ve received is Evans is not expected to miss any games and that continued rehab is the plan.
It’s not really a surprise. There is no easy answer for plantar fasciitis, the inflammation of a foot membrane that presents as heel pain. It’s a fairly common NBA injury and the only way to get better is extended rest. Until then, there are treatments to help but it’s really a matter of pain tolerance.
Evans is playing — tonight against John Wall, which means no rest — and this remains something to watch going forward.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 1
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11