Dec 8, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
Tyreke Evans announced yesterday that he was going to see a specialist about the plantar fasciitis that has been bothering him. He stayed behind in Los Angeles after the Kings loss to the Clippers to see the doctor.
Evans is expected to be playing tonight when the Wizards come to Sacramento, according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee.
The word I’ve received is Evans is not expected to miss any games and that continued rehab is the plan.
It’s not really a surprise. There is no easy answer for plantar fasciitis, the inflammation of a foot membrane that presents as heel pain. It’s a fairly common NBA injury and the only way to get better is extended rest. Until then, there are treatments to help but it’s really a matter of pain tolerance.
Evans is playing — tonight against John Wall, which means no rest — and this remains something to watch going forward.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31