Dec 8, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
Tyreke Evans announced yesterday that he was going to see a specialist about the plantar fasciitis that has been bothering him. He stayed behind in Los Angeles after the Kings loss to the Clippers to see the doctor.
Evans is expected to be playing tonight when the Wizards come to Sacramento, according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee.
The word I’ve received is Evans is not expected to miss any games and that continued rehab is the plan.
It’s not really a surprise. There is no easy answer for plantar fasciitis, the inflammation of a foot membrane that presents as heel pain. It’s a fairly common NBA injury and the only way to get better is extended rest. Until then, there are treatments to help but it’s really a matter of pain tolerance.
Evans is playing — tonight against John Wall, which means no rest — and this remains something to watch going forward.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4