Dec 8, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
Tyreke Evans announced yesterday that he was going to see a specialist about the plantar fasciitis that has been bothering him. He stayed behind in Los Angeles after the Kings loss to the Clippers to see the doctor.
Evans is expected to be playing tonight when the Wizards come to Sacramento, according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee.
The word I’ve received is Evans is not expected to miss any games and that continued rehab is the plan.
It’s not really a surprise. There is no easy answer for plantar fasciitis, the inflammation of a foot membrane that presents as heel pain. It’s a fairly common NBA injury and the only way to get better is extended rest. Until then, there are treatments to help but it’s really a matter of pain tolerance.
Evans is playing — tonight against John Wall, which means no rest — and this remains something to watch going forward.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19