Dec 8, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Another NBA first round pick is headed to the D-League for some seasoning, a trend that is becoming more and more common.
Portland’s Luke Babbitt is the latest, according to Sam Amick of FanHouse. The reasoning is simple — you get better at basketball by playing basketball and right now Babbitt is out of the Portland rotation and getting paid to watch the games. He has played just 30 minutes spread over 8 games so far this season, and that has actually dwindled more lately.
He is headed to the 0-7 Idaho Stampede, who are suddenly getting interesting. Babbitt and Antoine Walker will make their starts for the team this Friday night.
Babbitt was drafted No. 16 by Minnesota last June but was traded on draft night to Portland as part of the Martell Webster deal.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31