Dec 8, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Another NBA first round pick is headed to the D-League for some seasoning, a trend that is becoming more and more common.
Portland’s Luke Babbitt is the latest, according to Sam Amick of FanHouse. The reasoning is simple — you get better at basketball by playing basketball and right now Babbitt is out of the Portland rotation and getting paid to watch the games. He has played just 30 minutes spread over 8 games so far this season, and that has actually dwindled more lately.
He is headed to the 0-7 Idaho Stampede, who are suddenly getting interesting. Babbitt and Antoine Walker will make their starts for the team this Friday night.
Babbitt was drafted No. 16 by Minnesota last June but was traded on draft night to Portland as part of the Martell Webster deal.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20