Dec 8, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Another NBA first round pick is headed to the D-League for some seasoning, a trend that is becoming more and more common.
Portland’s Luke Babbitt is the latest, according to Sam Amick of FanHouse. The reasoning is simple — you get better at basketball by playing basketball and right now Babbitt is out of the Portland rotation and getting paid to watch the games. He has played just 30 minutes spread over 8 games so far this season, and that has actually dwindled more lately.
He is headed to the 0-7 Idaho Stampede, who are suddenly getting interesting. Babbitt and Antoine Walker will make their starts for the team this Friday night.
Babbitt was drafted No. 16 by Minnesota last June but was traded on draft night to Portland as part of the Martell Webster deal.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 20
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7