Dec 8, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Another NBA first round pick is headed to the D-League for some seasoning, a trend that is becoming more and more common.
Portland’s Luke Babbitt is the latest, according to Sam Amick of FanHouse. The reasoning is simple — you get better at basketball by playing basketball and right now Babbitt is out of the Portland rotation and getting paid to watch the games. He has played just 30 minutes spread over 8 games so far this season, and that has actually dwindled more lately.
He is headed to the 0-7 Idaho Stampede, who are suddenly getting interesting. Babbitt and Antoine Walker will make their starts for the team this Friday night.
Babbitt was drafted No. 16 by Minnesota last June but was traded on draft night to Portland as part of the Martell Webster deal.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29