Dec 8, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
It will be the “running of the rumors” over the next months as the NBA looks to find someone to buy the New Orleans Hornets. Ideally someone from the city with deep pockets. Someone who wants to keep the team there and has the means to make that happen.
Say, someone like Yahoo co-founder David Filo. That is what Fletcher Mackel of NBC New Orleans affiliate WDSU-TV tweeted Wednesday, that Filo was the name he heard in rumors.
Filo is the co-founder of Yahoo, worth 2.9 billion, was raised in the Lake Charles area and went to college at Tulane. A school to which he has since made a $30 million donation.
This much is true — Filo has the money and is from the area. There’s some logic there. Beyond that, well, somebody needed to be the first rumor, might as well be Filo. We’ll find out soon enough who is interested and who is not.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4