Dec 8, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
It will be the “running of the rumors” over the next months as the NBA looks to find someone to buy the New Orleans Hornets. Ideally someone from the city with deep pockets. Someone who wants to keep the team there and has the means to make that happen.
Say, someone like Yahoo co-founder David Filo. That is what Fletcher Mackel of NBC New Orleans affiliate WDSU-TV tweeted Wednesday, that Filo was the name he heard in rumors.
Filo is the co-founder of Yahoo, worth 2.9 billion, was raised in the Lake Charles area and went to college at Tulane. A school to which he has since made a $30 million donation.
This much is true — Filo has the money and is from the area. There’s some logic there. Beyond that, well, somebody needed to be the first rumor, might as well be Filo. We’ll find out soon enough who is interested and who is not.
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7
- PBT Extra: Wizards’ backcourt owning matchup with Toronto 0