Dec 8, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
It will be the “running of the rumors” over the next months as the NBA looks to find someone to buy the New Orleans Hornets. Ideally someone from the city with deep pockets. Someone who wants to keep the team there and has the means to make that happen.
Say, someone like Yahoo co-founder David Filo. That is what Fletcher Mackel of NBC New Orleans affiliate WDSU-TV tweeted Wednesday, that Filo was the name he heard in rumors.
Filo is the co-founder of Yahoo, worth 2.9 billion, was raised in the Lake Charles area and went to college at Tulane. A school to which he has since made a $30 million donation.
This much is true — Filo has the money and is from the area. There’s some logic there. Beyond that, well, somebody needed to be the first rumor, might as well be Filo. We’ll find out soon enough who is interested and who is not.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85