Dec 8, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
It will be the “running of the rumors” over the next months as the NBA looks to find someone to buy the New Orleans Hornets. Ideally someone from the city with deep pockets. Someone who wants to keep the team there and has the means to make that happen.
Say, someone like Yahoo co-founder David Filo. That is what Fletcher Mackel of NBC New Orleans affiliate WDSU-TV tweeted Wednesday, that Filo was the name he heard in rumors.
Filo is the co-founder of Yahoo, worth 2.9 billion, was raised in the Lake Charles area and went to college at Tulane. A school to which he has since made a $30 million donation.
This much is true — Filo has the money and is from the area. There’s some logic there. Beyond that, well, somebody needed to be the first rumor, might as well be Filo. We’ll find out soon enough who is interested and who is not.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 5
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 33
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars