Dec 8, 2010, 5:47 PM EDT
It will be the “running of the rumors” over the next months as the NBA looks to find someone to buy the New Orleans Hornets. Ideally someone from the city with deep pockets. Someone who wants to keep the team there and has the means to make that happen.
Say, someone like Yahoo co-founder David Filo. That is what Fletcher Mackel of NBC New Orleans affiliate WDSU-TV tweeted Wednesday, that Filo was the name he heard in rumors.
Filo is the co-founder of Yahoo, worth 2.9 billion, was raised in the Lake Charles area and went to college at Tulane. A school to which he has since made a $30 million donation.
This much is true — Filo has the money and is from the area. There’s some logic there. Beyond that, well, somebody needed to be the first rumor, might as well be Filo. We’ll find out soon enough who is interested and who is not.
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 22
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 17
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 8
- Report: Cavaliers want to swing Kevin Love trade if LeBron James comes to town 42
- NBA salary cap jumps nearly $5 million next year to $63 million, luxury tax line $76.8 million 7
- Report: Carmelo Anthony to choose New York, announcement Thursday. Agent denies. 63
- Reports: It’s LeBron, agent, Pat Riley alone in a room Wednesday afternoon In Vegas 50
- Report: Cavaliers agree to trade with Nets, Celtics, clearing cap space for LeBron James 115