Dec 8, 2010, 3:01 AM EDT
What you missed while remembering the lives lost at Pearl Harbor…
The Wizards making a game of it against the Lakers is our game of the night.
Hawks 116, Nets 101: Atlanta just shot lights out — 60.3 percent on the night and a solid 37.5 percent from three. Josh Smith had 34 on 14 of 16 shooting, Al Horford 24 on 10 of 18, Jamal Crawford with 27 on 11 of 17. That will get it done.
Bobcats 100, Nuggets 97: Larry Brown denies George Karl the chance to join him in the 1,000 win club, but did not laugh in Karl’s face about it afterwards. Denver hung around in this one because they hit 11 of 27 threes (41 percent) but they were not efficient. DJ Augustin was efficient, 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting, with 6 assists. Also, Gerald Wallace was attacking the rim again, a good sign. That ended Denver’s seven game win streak.
Sixers 117, Cavaliers 97: Everytime you read about Cleveland right now or see highlights of them, just start singing “Free Falling” to yourself. Use the Tom Petty or John Mayer, versions if you must, but I recommend The Almost as the best one.
Rockets 97, Pistons 83: Tracy McGrady hit a big three pointer to make it a one-point game with eight minutes left, but was nowhere to be seen when the game was decided (foul trouble). Sounds about right to Rockets fans. Luis Scola with 35 and a lot of big shots down the stretch.
Mavericks 105, Warriors 100: It was an Ian Mahinmi party — 12 points and 10 boards. Tyson Chandler was out sick (has he been hanging with the Magic players?), Brendan Haywood got the start but when it mattered at the end it was Mahinmi. He was brought in this summer as a backup and project, he looked like someone that could pay off down the line.
Dallas bench with 47 points, Warriors 16. And there is your ballgame. That’s 10 in a row for Dallas.
Blazers 106, Suns 99: Portland put up 37 in the final quarter to come from behind and win with an interesting lineup —Nicolas Batum, Rudy Fernandez, Lamarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews, Brandon Roy and Patty Mills (for part). A lot of wing players, but they penetrated and dished and worked hard on defense (it’s a lineup that can work against the Suns but not many other teams). Portland’s 32 of 33 from the line helped the cause.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11