Dec 8, 2010, 10:27 AM EDT
Rajon Rondo may not go Wednesday night for Boston, taking another night off to rest his laundry list of injuries.
There’s the plantar fasciitis in his foot, the knee pain, the sore hamstring. So, which one is the worst, ESPN Boston asked coach Doc Rivers?
“[An extended break] may come at some point. I don’t think it’s a bad suggestion. It’s been suggested already, I can tell you that. (Rondo) knows when it’s close enough to play.
“The injury scares me. Both the foot and the hamstring. The foot is not the problem right now, but the hamstring can go from a pull to a tear. When you get the tear, you are talking two months so it’s a tough little situation.”
So the winner is door number three — the hamstring. Congratulations, you have won…. rest.
An extended rest (which might only be a week or so) may be the call. The Celtics have been good the last couple seasons about rest and making sure that key guys are right come the playoffs, even if that means sacrificing games in the regular season. Rivers is right, hamstrings can linger. The only real cure for plantar fasciitis is rest. Which mean Rondo may need a break.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 27
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 7
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 32
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22