Dec 7, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
The target date for Yao Ming to get back on the court with the Rockets was Tuesday. Not going to happen.
That is the word from the man himself, via the Houston Chronicle. And it doesn’t sound good.
“Every day is closer,” Yao said. ” It’s just not strong enough to support me running, jumping. I think they made the decision based on that.”
“It’s all up to the medical people, what they said,” Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. “They just feel it wasn’t the right time.”
Yao has been out with a sprain an bone bruise in his ankle. The key thought here — there is no timetable. He may practice this week. He may not.
Meanwhile, the Rockets continue to slouch along this season at 7-13.
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 1
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 9
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17