Dec 7, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
The target date for Yao Ming to get back on the court with the Rockets was Tuesday. Not going to happen.
That is the word from the man himself, via the Houston Chronicle. And it doesn’t sound good.
“Every day is closer,” Yao said. ” It’s just not strong enough to support me running, jumping. I think they made the decision based on that.”
“It’s all up to the medical people, what they said,” Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. “They just feel it wasn’t the right time.”
Yao has been out with a sprain an bone bruise in his ankle. The key thought here — there is no timetable. He may practice this week. He may not.
Meanwhile, the Rockets continue to slouch along this season at 7-13.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 57
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59