Dec 7, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
The target date for Yao Ming to get back on the court with the Rockets was Tuesday. Not going to happen.
That is the word from the man himself, via the Houston Chronicle. And it doesn’t sound good.
“Every day is closer,” Yao said. ” It’s just not strong enough to support me running, jumping. I think they made the decision based on that.”
“It’s all up to the medical people, what they said,” Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. “They just feel it wasn’t the right time.”
Yao has been out with a sprain an bone bruise in his ankle. The key thought here — there is no timetable. He may practice this week. He may not.
Meanwhile, the Rockets continue to slouch along this season at 7-13.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 0
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 4
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 12
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43