Dec 7, 2010, 3:35 PM EST
The target date for Yao Ming to get back on the court with the Rockets was Tuesday. Not going to happen.
That is the word from the man himself, via the Houston Chronicle. And it doesn’t sound good.
“Every day is closer,” Yao said. ” It’s just not strong enough to support me running, jumping. I think they made the decision based on that.”
“It’s all up to the medical people, what they said,” Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. “They just feel it wasn’t the right time.”
Yao has been out with a sprain an bone bruise in his ankle. The key thought here — there is no timetable. He may practice this week. He may not.
Meanwhile, the Rockets continue to slouch along this season at 7-13.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14