Dec 7, 2010, 3:35 PM EST
The target date for Yao Ming to get back on the court with the Rockets was Tuesday. Not going to happen.
That is the word from the man himself, via the Houston Chronicle. And it doesn’t sound good.
“Every day is closer,” Yao said. ” It’s just not strong enough to support me running, jumping. I think they made the decision based on that.”
“It’s all up to the medical people, what they said,” Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. “They just feel it wasn’t the right time.”
Yao has been out with a sprain an bone bruise in his ankle. The key thought here — there is no timetable. He may practice this week. He may not.
Meanwhile, the Rockets continue to slouch along this season at 7-13.
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 1
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 10
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 43