Dec 7, 2010, 5:33 PM EDT
During the preseason, Tyreke Evans admitted that he is battling plantar fasciitis, but nobody thought it was all that serious as Paul Westphal ran him out there for 40 minutes one preseason game.
But apparently it is bothering him, as he sent out this tweet today.
Goin go see a foot physician for my plantar faciaitis…. don’t y’all worry ima be good ma agent just wanted me to get checked out! Blessed
If you should be worried depends on how severe this is and gets.
Plantar fasciitis — an inflammation of a band of connective tissue across the bottom of the foot that presents as heel pain — is fairly common in the NBA. Hazard of the job (and sometimes poor fitting shoes). It’s not serious in the career threatening, Andrew Bogut’s elbow kind of way. But it also is a lingering, painful condition. Remember Joakim Noah missed 18 games last season trying to get over a severe case.
The problem is the only way you get rid of it is rest. There is ice treatment, stretching and wearing a boot to immobilize the foot, but at the end of the day it takes rest. And Evans is not in a position to just rest.
Evans has tried to be more of a playmaker this season, has tried to rely more on a reworked jump shot, but that shot has been off and the Kings have struggled. He has been pushed to be more aggressive again, to be more of the constantly attacking rookie-of-the-Year Evans, and we’ve seen a little of that. But one thing that would hold him back is constant foot pain.
He’s playing through it now, but it’s something to watch.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona