Dec 7, 2010, 7:35 PM EDT
Snoop Dogg knows what he likes: USC football, Katy Perry, 4:20, VIP Records and the Lakers.
Snoop teamed up with The Game and YG to give us “Purp & Yellow” telling us how the Lakers are going to three-peat while fitting in references to Black Mamba, Ron Artest, Pau Gasol, and fish and chips (via Mark Medina at the LA Times Lakers blog). A lyrical sampling:
Swish! 24, that’s black mamba
Snoop Dogg, he’s a dope rhymer
collaborate, with the golden state
in a yellow six deuce with the purple plates
I dip and dodge, I hit 3 and roll
fish and chips, bounce pass down to Pau Gasol
we dont give a damn bout the big 3
LA Lake show we bout to 3 peat
and you can bet, thats on the set
Ron Artest about to get wet
Im on the flo’ and thats a fact
sittin’ next to uncle Jack….
Or just listen for yourself (note — lyrics are NSFW, as you would expect with Snoop, so if you are easily offended don’t hit play).
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6