Dec 7, 2010, 7:35 PM EDT
Snoop Dogg knows what he likes: USC football, Katy Perry, 4:20, VIP Records and the Lakers.
Snoop teamed up with The Game and YG to give us “Purp & Yellow” telling us how the Lakers are going to three-peat while fitting in references to Black Mamba, Ron Artest, Pau Gasol, and fish and chips (via Mark Medina at the LA Times Lakers blog). A lyrical sampling:
Swish! 24, that’s black mamba
Snoop Dogg, he’s a dope rhymer
collaborate, with the golden state
in a yellow six deuce with the purple plates
I dip and dodge, I hit 3 and roll
fish and chips, bounce pass down to Pau Gasol
we dont give a damn bout the big 3
LA Lake show we bout to 3 peat
and you can bet, thats on the set
Ron Artest about to get wet
Im on the flo’ and thats a fact
sittin’ next to uncle Jack….
Or just listen for yourself (note — lyrics are NSFW, as you would expect with Snoop, so if you are easily offended don’t hit play).
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8