Dec 7, 2010, 8:12 AM EST
When Delonte West fell and broke his right wrist, the talk was of him maybe missing the rest of the regular season.
“Even though we’re (six) days out of surgery, I’m going to be back a lot quicker than we thought,” West told CSNNE.com….
West said the wrist is healing up so well, there won’t be any need for it to be placed in a hard cast.
“Just stimulate it with treatments, and I’ll be back to working out within the next two weeks,” said West, who added that he’ll have it in a soft cast when he resumes working out.
There is no timetable for his return, and players are often over optimistic about their ability to heal, but still this sounds a whole lot better than the rest of the season. And the sooner the better for the Celtics, who could use the backcourt depth.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 27
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10