Dec 7, 2010, 8:12 AM EDT
When Delonte West fell and broke his right wrist, the talk was of him maybe missing the rest of the regular season.
“Even though we’re (six) days out of surgery, I’m going to be back a lot quicker than we thought,” West told CSNNE.com….
West said the wrist is healing up so well, there won’t be any need for it to be placed in a hard cast.
“Just stimulate it with treatments, and I’ll be back to working out within the next two weeks,” said West, who added that he’ll have it in a soft cast when he resumes working out.
There is no timetable for his return, and players are often over optimistic about their ability to heal, but still this sounds a whole lot better than the rest of the season. And the sooner the better for the Celtics, who could use the backcourt depth.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20