Dec 7, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
After the Miami Heat beat the Atlanta Hawks for a fourth straight win Saturday, LeBron James and his best friend and manager Maverick Carter went out for dinner at Myles Chefetz’s Prime Italian in Miami. A regular Saturday night.
Well, it would have been except that also in the restaurant were about 30 Cleveland Brown fans, there getting
drunk warmed up for the Browns game against the Dolphins Sunday. So let the wild rumpus start, as reported by the New York Post (via Ben Maller).
Chants of “traitor, traitor” echoed through the restaurant, so the Browns fans were asked to leave. But the Clevelanders hunt around outside the restaurant to continue to heckle James, forcing him to leave by sneaking out to his car.
Likely this taunting had about the same impact on James as the boos did in Cleveland when he dropped 38 on the Cavaliers.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 0
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 6
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 13
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4