Dec 7, 2010, 11:43 AM EST
After the Miami Heat beat the Atlanta Hawks for a fourth straight win Saturday, LeBron James and his best friend and manager Maverick Carter went out for dinner at Myles Chefetz’s Prime Italian in Miami. A regular Saturday night.
Well, it would have been except that also in the restaurant were about 30 Cleveland Brown fans, there getting
drunk warmed up for the Browns game against the Dolphins Sunday. So let the wild rumpus start, as reported by the New York Post (via Ben Maller).
Chants of “traitor, traitor” echoed through the restaurant, so the Browns fans were asked to leave. But the Clevelanders hunt around outside the restaurant to continue to heckle James, forcing him to leave by sneaking out to his car.
Likely this taunting had about the same impact on James as the boos did in Cleveland when he dropped 38 on the Cavaliers.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 3
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30