Dec 7, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
After the Miami Heat beat the Atlanta Hawks for a fourth straight win Saturday, LeBron James and his best friend and manager Maverick Carter went out for dinner at Myles Chefetz’s Prime Italian in Miami. A regular Saturday night.
Well, it would have been except that also in the restaurant were about 30 Cleveland Brown fans, there getting
drunk warmed up for the Browns game against the Dolphins Sunday. So let the wild rumpus start, as reported by the New York Post (via Ben Maller).
Chants of “traitor, traitor” echoed through the restaurant, so the Browns fans were asked to leave. But the Clevelanders hunt around outside the restaurant to continue to heckle James, forcing him to leave by sneaking out to his car.
Likely this taunting had about the same impact on James as the boos did in Cleveland when he dropped 38 on the Cavaliers.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18