Dec 7, 2010, 4:49 PM EDT
The Denver Nuggets have been desperate for front court help this season, looking for some support from anywhere while they waited for the recently returned Chris Anderson and the not-yet-back Kenyon Martin to get right.
Yet there sat Renaldo Balkman, the forward and former first round pick of the Knicks, barely able to get off the bench. Why is that? Denver Post Nuggets writer pulled no punches.
He hasn’t been giving it his all at practice. His focus has been wishy-washy. I’ve been told he doesn’t know all the plays and he doesn’t always make the best decisions on the court. And so, it’s understandable why other guys are getting more playing time (or, well — playing time in general).
Balkman is in his third season in Denver and he can’t get the plays right? Damn.
Balkman has played 14 minutes total in the two games he has gotten into this season for the Nuggets. Probably shouldn’t draft him on your fantasy team at this point.
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 6
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 9
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 24
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 15
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement