Dec 6, 2010, 2:04 PM EDT
Just so we’re clear, in Timberwolves vocabulary “a while” is six to eight weeks.
Anthony Tolliver sprained his knee last Friday and the team’s official twitter account said he would be out “a while” on Saturday, with an MRI to come.
The MRI came Monday and it showed an MCL sprain that will keep him out six to eight weeks. Good news is no structural damage that requires surgery.
As we said before, this should mean more Darko Milicic (who is playing well) and Kevin Love (who is a beast) so this is really not bad for Minnesota, especially since there is a drop off behind them. Kurt Rambis will be forced to play his best players more.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24