Dec 6, 2010, 2:04 PM EST
Just so we’re clear, in Timberwolves vocabulary “a while” is six to eight weeks.
Anthony Tolliver sprained his knee last Friday and the team’s official twitter account said he would be out “a while” on Saturday, with an MRI to come.
The MRI came Monday and it showed an MCL sprain that will keep him out six to eight weeks. Good news is no structural damage that requires surgery.
As we said before, this should mean more Darko Milicic (who is playing well) and Kevin Love (who is a beast) so this is really not bad for Minnesota, especially since there is a drop off behind them. Kurt Rambis will be forced to play his best players more.
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 3
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 1
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 12
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)