Dec 6, 2010, 2:04 PM EDT
Just so we’re clear, in Timberwolves vocabulary “a while” is six to eight weeks.
Anthony Tolliver sprained his knee last Friday and the team’s official twitter account said he would be out “a while” on Saturday, with an MRI to come.
The MRI came Monday and it showed an MCL sprain that will keep him out six to eight weeks. Good news is no structural damage that requires surgery.
As we said before, this should mean more Darko Milicic (who is playing well) and Kevin Love (who is a beast) so this is really not bad for Minnesota, especially since there is a drop off behind them. Kurt Rambis will be forced to play his best players more.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 3
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 24
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 22
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 28
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10