Dec 6, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
Wasn’t it inevitable that the LeBron James and Brett Favre story lines would merge?
Before the Heat took on the Bucks Monday night in Milwaukee, James was asked if he could relate to what Favre went through with his bitter departure from the Packers, and the Associated Press has his answer.
“Brett (had) great years here in Green Bay, and any time a great competitor like that leaves, no one wants to see that, but they’ve done a great job of regrouping with Aaron Rodgers and I believe that Cleveland will do the same,” James said.
The Packers are 8-4 and in the playoffs hunt this season. The Cavaliers are a couple years away from their own Rogers an being playoff competitive.
LeBron’s comments frankly are pretty innocuous, but I’m sure someone will spin it about how this ties into his ego. Whatever. At least LeBron hasn’t sent women pictures of his junk.
The Heat beat the Bucks 88-78, and James had 17.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30