Dec 6, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
Wasn’t it inevitable that the LeBron James and Brett Favre story lines would merge?
Before the Heat took on the Bucks Monday night in Milwaukee, James was asked if he could relate to what Favre went through with his bitter departure from the Packers, and the Associated Press has his answer.
“Brett (had) great years here in Green Bay, and any time a great competitor like that leaves, no one wants to see that, but they’ve done a great job of regrouping with Aaron Rodgers and I believe that Cleveland will do the same,” James said.
The Packers are 8-4 and in the playoffs hunt this season. The Cavaliers are a couple years away from their own Rogers an being playoff competitive.
LeBron’s comments frankly are pretty innocuous, but I’m sure someone will spin it about how this ties into his ego. Whatever. At least LeBron hasn’t sent women pictures of his junk.
The Heat beat the Bucks 88-78, and James had 17.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17