Dec 6, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
Wasn’t it inevitable that the LeBron James and Brett Favre story lines would merge?
Before the Heat took on the Bucks Monday night in Milwaukee, James was asked if he could relate to what Favre went through with his bitter departure from the Packers, and the Associated Press has his answer.
“Brett (had) great years here in Green Bay, and any time a great competitor like that leaves, no one wants to see that, but they’ve done a great job of regrouping with Aaron Rodgers and I believe that Cleveland will do the same,” James said.
The Packers are 8-4 and in the playoffs hunt this season. The Cavaliers are a couple years away from their own Rogers an being playoff competitive.
LeBron’s comments frankly are pretty innocuous, but I’m sure someone will spin it about how this ties into his ego. Whatever. At least LeBron hasn’t sent women pictures of his junk.
The Heat beat the Bucks 88-78, and James had 17.
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 0
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 4
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40