Dec 6, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
Wasn’t it inevitable that the LeBron James and Brett Favre story lines would merge?
Before the Heat took on the Bucks Monday night in Milwaukee, James was asked if he could relate to what Favre went through with his bitter departure from the Packers, and the Associated Press has his answer.
“Brett (had) great years here in Green Bay, and any time a great competitor like that leaves, no one wants to see that, but they’ve done a great job of regrouping with Aaron Rodgers and I believe that Cleveland will do the same,” James said.
The Packers are 8-4 and in the playoffs hunt this season. The Cavaliers are a couple years away from their own Rogers an being playoff competitive.
LeBron’s comments frankly are pretty innocuous, but I’m sure someone will spin it about how this ties into his ego. Whatever. At least LeBron hasn’t sent women pictures of his junk.
The Heat beat the Bucks 88-78, and James had 17.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 2
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7