Dec 6, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
Wasn’t it inevitable that the LeBron James and Brett Favre story lines would merge?
Before the Heat took on the Bucks Monday night in Milwaukee, James was asked if he could relate to what Favre went through with his bitter departure from the Packers, and the Associated Press has his answer.
“Brett (had) great years here in Green Bay, and any time a great competitor like that leaves, no one wants to see that, but they’ve done a great job of regrouping with Aaron Rodgers and I believe that Cleveland will do the same,” James said.
The Packers are 8-4 and in the playoffs hunt this season. The Cavaliers are a couple years away from their own Rogers an being playoff competitive.
LeBron’s comments frankly are pretty innocuous, but I’m sure someone will spin it about how this ties into his ego. Whatever. At least LeBron hasn’t sent women pictures of his junk.
The Heat beat the Bucks 88-78, and James had 17.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 0
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 28
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 5
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 23
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11