Dec 6, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Kevin Garnett has two years left on his contract, this season and $21 million next season.
But what if there is no next season? Not likely, but with a looming lockout it’s possible. There are some owners pushing for a hard line and major changes to NBA finances, which could lead to a doomsday scenario.
Garnett said that is part of his motivation for trying to savor this season, as told to Celtics Blog. . Because if next season is wiped out, who knows if Garnett would return (he would be 36). The question was about the impact of fun-loving Shaquille O’Neal on the court, but the answer was broader
“I do have a certain way and a certain style I like to be when I hit the court. Shaq gets a smile out of me every now and then, but for the most part, I’m still me. At some point, especially with the lockout coming up…Who knows if this is my last year, or (if) we don’t play next year, what it’s going to be. So I’m trying to enjoy the guys now.”
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 26
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9