Dec 6, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Kevin Garnett has two years left on his contract, this season and $21 million next season.
But what if there is no next season? Not likely, but with a looming lockout it’s possible. There are some owners pushing for a hard line and major changes to NBA finances, which could lead to a doomsday scenario.
Garnett said that is part of his motivation for trying to savor this season, as told to Celtics Blog. . Because if next season is wiped out, who knows if Garnett would return (he would be 36). The question was about the impact of fun-loving Shaquille O’Neal on the court, but the answer was broader
“I do have a certain way and a certain style I like to be when I hit the court. Shaq gets a smile out of me every now and then, but for the most part, I’m still me. At some point, especially with the lockout coming up…Who knows if this is my last year, or (if) we don’t play next year, what it’s going to be. So I’m trying to enjoy the guys now.”
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 7
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5