Dec 6, 2010, 10:09 AM EST
Kevin Garnett has two years left on his contract, this season and $21 million next season.
But what if there is no next season? Not likely, but with a looming lockout it’s possible. There are some owners pushing for a hard line and major changes to NBA finances, which could lead to a doomsday scenario.
Garnett said that is part of his motivation for trying to savor this season, as told to Celtics Blog. . Because if next season is wiped out, who knows if Garnett would return (he would be 36). The question was about the impact of fun-loving Shaquille O’Neal on the court, but the answer was broader
“I do have a certain way and a certain style I like to be when I hit the court. Shaq gets a smile out of me every now and then, but for the most part, I’m still me. At some point, especially with the lockout coming up…Who knows if this is my last year, or (if) we don’t play next year, what it’s going to be. So I’m trying to enjoy the guys now.”
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9