Dec 6, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Kevin Garnett has two years left on his contract, this season and $21 million next season.
But what if there is no next season? Not likely, but with a looming lockout it’s possible. There are some owners pushing for a hard line and major changes to NBA finances, which could lead to a doomsday scenario.
Garnett said that is part of his motivation for trying to savor this season, as told to Celtics Blog. . Because if next season is wiped out, who knows if Garnett would return (he would be 36). The question was about the impact of fun-loving Shaquille O’Neal on the court, but the answer was broader
“I do have a certain way and a certain style I like to be when I hit the court. Shaq gets a smile out of me every now and then, but for the most part, I’m still me. At some point, especially with the lockout coming up…Who knows if this is my last year, or (if) we don’t play next year, what it’s going to be. So I’m trying to enjoy the guys now.”
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 18
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 47