Dec 6, 2010, 3:36 PM EDT
It looks like the Magic will be nearly back on their feet Monday night after a stomach virus left the team on its back — or more accurately, kneeling over a toilet — for the past week.
Stan Van Gundy said that Dwight Howard was taking IV fluids Monday and the coach was “optomistic” he would go against the Atlanta Hawks, according to the Associated Press. JJ Redick and Mickael Pietrus also are expected back. All three took part in the morning shootaround, which is a good sign.
Point guard Jameer Nelson is still out tonight.
This will be better than Saturday, when the Magic were down to eight players due to injuries, which resulted in a loss that ended their six game winning streak. Obviously, the Hawks present more of a challenge (even without Joe Johnson).
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49