Dec 6, 2010, 3:36 PM EST
It looks like the Magic will be nearly back on their feet Monday night after a stomach virus left the team on its back — or more accurately, kneeling over a toilet — for the past week.
Stan Van Gundy said that Dwight Howard was taking IV fluids Monday and the coach was “optomistic” he would go against the Atlanta Hawks, according to the Associated Press. JJ Redick and Mickael Pietrus also are expected back. All three took part in the morning shootaround, which is a good sign.
Point guard Jameer Nelson is still out tonight.
This will be better than Saturday, when the Magic were down to eight players due to injuries, which resulted in a loss that ended their six game winning streak. Obviously, the Hawks present more of a challenge (even without Joe Johnson).
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 0
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 4
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)