Dec 6, 2010, 3:36 PM EDT
It looks like the Magic will be nearly back on their feet Monday night after a stomach virus left the team on its back — or more accurately, kneeling over a toilet — for the past week.
Stan Van Gundy said that Dwight Howard was taking IV fluids Monday and the coach was “optomistic” he would go against the Atlanta Hawks, according to the Associated Press. JJ Redick and Mickael Pietrus also are expected back. All three took part in the morning shootaround, which is a good sign.
Point guard Jameer Nelson is still out tonight.
This will be better than Saturday, when the Magic were down to eight players due to injuries, which resulted in a loss that ended their six game winning streak. Obviously, the Hawks present more of a challenge (even without Joe Johnson).
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 0
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 28
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5