Dec 6, 2010, 3:36 PM EDT
It looks like the Magic will be nearly back on their feet Monday night after a stomach virus left the team on its back — or more accurately, kneeling over a toilet — for the past week.
Stan Van Gundy said that Dwight Howard was taking IV fluids Monday and the coach was “optomistic” he would go against the Atlanta Hawks, according to the Associated Press. JJ Redick and Mickael Pietrus also are expected back. All three took part in the morning shootaround, which is a good sign.
Point guard Jameer Nelson is still out tonight.
This will be better than Saturday, when the Magic were down to eight players due to injuries, which resulted in a loss that ended their six game winning streak. Obviously, the Hawks present more of a challenge (even without Joe Johnson).
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 6
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 17
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29