Dec 6, 2010, 3:36 PM EDT
It looks like the Magic will be nearly back on their feet Monday night after a stomach virus left the team on its back — or more accurately, kneeling over a toilet — for the past week.
Stan Van Gundy said that Dwight Howard was taking IV fluids Monday and the coach was “optomistic” he would go against the Atlanta Hawks, according to the Associated Press. JJ Redick and Mickael Pietrus also are expected back. All three took part in the morning shootaround, which is a good sign.
Point guard Jameer Nelson is still out tonight.
This will be better than Saturday, when the Magic were down to eight players due to injuries, which resulted in a loss that ended their six game winning streak. Obviously, the Hawks present more of a challenge (even without Joe Johnson).
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 26
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9