Dec 6, 2010, 6:44 PM EST
For a game that wasn’t all that close, there was some chippy play in the Clippers and Blazers Sunday tilt.
Chippy enough for the league to take notice and hand out its form of justice — Los Angeles’ Brian Cook has been suspended two games for a harsh flagrant two on Joel Pryzbilla (he flattened him). Portland’s Andre Miller has been suspended one game for “making excessive and unnecessary contact with Blake Griffin of the Clippers.” Cook’s incident came right at the end of the third quarter, Miller’s midway through the fourth.
Cook will sit out the Clippers game Monday against the Kings and Wednesday against the Lakers. Miller will sit out Tuesday’s Blazer game against Phoenix. Needless to say, the suspension hits the Blazers much harder as they rely on Miller to create offense for them.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 7
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4