Dec 6, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
For a game that wasn’t all that close, there was some chippy play in the Clippers and Blazers Sunday tilt.
Chippy enough for the league to take notice and hand out its form of justice — Los Angeles’ Brian Cook has been suspended two games for a harsh flagrant two on Joel Pryzbilla (he flattened him). Portland’s Andre Miller has been suspended one game for “making excessive and unnecessary contact with Blake Griffin of the Clippers.” Cook’s incident came right at the end of the third quarter, Miller’s midway through the fourth.
Cook will sit out the Clippers game Monday against the Kings and Wednesday against the Lakers. Miller will sit out Tuesday’s Blazer game against Phoenix. Needless to say, the suspension hits the Blazers much harder as they rely on Miller to create offense for them.
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 1
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 43
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 17
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29