Dec 6, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT
This was expected. Like the baseball Hall of Fame snubbing Marvin Miller or Brett Favre looking old, there are some things you just know are going to happen in sports.
So when the rumors surfaced that the Sixers are shopping Andre Iguodala around, you knew the denial was not far behind. It wasn’t, and Phillyburbs.com has it from Rod Thorn (via Slam), the guy pulling the strings in Philly now.
In an email response Sunday, Thorn said the Sixers are “trying to ascertain the value of all of our players. Big difference.”
Philly still might move him if they can find someone willing to take on his massive contract, but that will be a challenge. Either way, don’t expect the rumors or denials to stop.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13