Dec 6, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT
This was expected. Like the baseball Hall of Fame snubbing Marvin Miller or Brett Favre looking old, there are some things you just know are going to happen in sports.
So when the rumors surfaced that the Sixers are shopping Andre Iguodala around, you knew the denial was not far behind. It wasn’t, and Phillyburbs.com has it from Rod Thorn (via Slam), the guy pulling the strings in Philly now.
In an email response Sunday, Thorn said the Sixers are “trying to ascertain the value of all of our players. Big difference.”
Philly still might move him if they can find someone willing to take on his massive contract, but that will be a challenge. Either way, don’t expect the rumors or denials to stop.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 8
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 46
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43