Dec 6, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT
This was expected. Like the baseball Hall of Fame snubbing Marvin Miller or Brett Favre looking old, there are some things you just know are going to happen in sports.
So when the rumors surfaced that the Sixers are shopping Andre Iguodala around, you knew the denial was not far behind. It wasn’t, and Phillyburbs.com has it from Rod Thorn (via Slam), the guy pulling the strings in Philly now.
In an email response Sunday, Thorn said the Sixers are “trying to ascertain the value of all of our players. Big difference.”
Philly still might move him if they can find someone willing to take on his massive contract, but that will be a challenge. Either way, don’t expect the rumors or denials to stop.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 4
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17