Dec 6, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT
This was expected. Like the baseball Hall of Fame snubbing Marvin Miller or Brett Favre looking old, there are some things you just know are going to happen in sports.
So when the rumors surfaced that the Sixers are shopping Andre Iguodala around, you knew the denial was not far behind. It wasn’t, and Phillyburbs.com has it from Rod Thorn (via Slam), the guy pulling the strings in Philly now.
In an email response Sunday, Thorn said the Sixers are “trying to ascertain the value of all of our players. Big difference.”
Philly still might move him if they can find someone willing to take on his massive contract, but that will be a challenge. Either way, don’t expect the rumors or denials to stop.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 7
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 40
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 17
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 13
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52