Dec 6, 2010, 5:19 PM EST
Pau Gasol’s sore hamstring wants this to happen sooner rather than later.
Andrew Bynum has been participating in full practices with the Los Angeles Lakers for several days now and could return to the team this week. He practiced Monday but said he wants a couple more before he gets into game action, he told Kevin Ding of the OC Register.
The Lakers play back-to-back Tuesday (Wizards) and Wednesday (Clippers) then fly to Chicago for a game. Smart money is on Chicago for the return.
Phil Jackson was hedging his bets a little and would not pick a date for Bynum’s return because, well, would you want to give Bynum another target date?
“He’s coming right along,” Jackson said. “He went through every aspect of practice.”
The Lakers pretty average team defense so far — 11th in the league in points allowed per possession — should be helped dramatically .
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 4
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 5
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (39)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)