Dec 6, 2010, 5:19 PM EDT
Pau Gasol’s sore hamstring wants this to happen sooner rather than later.
Andrew Bynum has been participating in full practices with the Los Angeles Lakers for several days now and could return to the team this week. He practiced Monday but said he wants a couple more before he gets into game action, he told Kevin Ding of the OC Register.
The Lakers play back-to-back Tuesday (Wizards) and Wednesday (Clippers) then fly to Chicago for a game. Smart money is on Chicago for the return.
Phil Jackson was hedging his bets a little and would not pick a date for Bynum’s return because, well, would you want to give Bynum another target date?
“He’s coming right along,” Jackson said. “He went through every aspect of practice.”
The Lakers pretty average team defense so far — 11th in the league in points allowed per possession — should be helped dramatically .
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 0
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 11
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 10
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25