Dec 6, 2010, 5:19 PM EDT
Pau Gasol’s sore hamstring wants this to happen sooner rather than later.
Andrew Bynum has been participating in full practices with the Los Angeles Lakers for several days now and could return to the team this week. He practiced Monday but said he wants a couple more before he gets into game action, he told Kevin Ding of the OC Register.
The Lakers play back-to-back Tuesday (Wizards) and Wednesday (Clippers) then fly to Chicago for a game. Smart money is on Chicago for the return.
Phil Jackson was hedging his bets a little and would not pick a date for Bynum’s return because, well, would you want to give Bynum another target date?
“He’s coming right along,” Jackson said. “He went through every aspect of practice.”
The Lakers pretty average team defense so far — 11th in the league in points allowed per possession — should be helped dramatically .
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 11
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48