Dec 5, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Anthony Tolliver — the guy better known as “why are they playing him and not Kevin Love more?” — will be out for “a while” with a sprained right knee, the team announced.
He will get another evaluation on Monday that may give us a better timeline for his return.
He sprained it Friday night against the Spurs. In seven of the Timberwolves nine games prior to that he had played at least 20 minutes, with Kurt Rambis favoring his defense over that of Love or even Darko Milicic. Tolliver has not been terrible on offense, but Love and lately Milicic just provide a lot more of it and better rebounding.
Now, expect the minutes for those two to go up.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 6
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10