Dec 5, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Anthony Tolliver — the guy better known as “why are they playing him and not Kevin Love more?” — will be out for “a while” with a sprained right knee, the team announced.
He will get another evaluation on Monday that may give us a better timeline for his return.
He sprained it Friday night against the Spurs. In seven of the Timberwolves nine games prior to that he had played at least 20 minutes, with Kurt Rambis favoring his defense over that of Love or even Darko Milicic. Tolliver has not been terrible on offense, but Love and lately Milicic just provide a lot more of it and better rebounding.
Now, expect the minutes for those two to go up.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 2
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 19
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25