Dec 5, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Anthony Tolliver — the guy better known as “why are they playing him and not Kevin Love more?” — will be out for “a while” with a sprained right knee, the team announced.
He will get another evaluation on Monday that may give us a better timeline for his return.
He sprained it Friday night against the Spurs. In seven of the Timberwolves nine games prior to that he had played at least 20 minutes, with Kurt Rambis favoring his defense over that of Love or even Darko Milicic. Tolliver has not been terrible on offense, but Love and lately Milicic just provide a lot more of it and better rebounding.
Now, expect the minutes for those two to go up.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 2
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 35
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 24
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte