Dec 5, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Anthony Tolliver — the guy better known as “why are they playing him and not Kevin Love more?” — will be out for “a while” with a sprained right knee, the team announced.
He will get another evaluation on Monday that may give us a better timeline for his return.
He sprained it Friday night against the Spurs. In seven of the Timberwolves nine games prior to that he had played at least 20 minutes, with Kurt Rambis favoring his defense over that of Love or even Darko Milicic. Tolliver has not been terrible on offense, but Love and lately Milicic just provide a lot more of it and better rebounding.
Now, expect the minutes for those two to go up.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11