Dec 5, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Anthony Tolliver — the guy better known as “why are they playing him and not Kevin Love more?” — will be out for “a while” with a sprained right knee, the team announced.
He will get another evaluation on Monday that may give us a better timeline for his return.
He sprained it Friday night against the Spurs. In seven of the Timberwolves nine games prior to that he had played at least 20 minutes, with Kurt Rambis favoring his defense over that of Love or even Darko Milicic. Tolliver has not been terrible on offense, but Love and lately Milicic just provide a lot more of it and better rebounding.
Now, expect the minutes for those two to go up.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 3
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 9
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 17
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90