Dec 5, 2010, 3:07 PM EDT
Andre Iguodala is prepared for it. Now it appears to be happening. Slowly.
The Ohio Morning Journal reports that the Sixers are shopping the wingman around. That would not be a shock to anyone, but the Sixers have been publically mum on the idea (or said it’s not happening), especially as they have won three of their last four.
The challenge with moving Iggy is the three years, $44 million he will be owed after this season (the last year of that is a player option but it’s pretty hard to imagine he doesn’t pick that up).
The Morning News suggests he could be had for the trade exception the Cavaliers have from the LeBron James “trade” with Miami (a trade in name only). The problems are twofold with that. One, if the Cavs are rebuilding and stressing flexibility do you want Iggy’s salary on the books? Secondly, Iguodala needs to be the second or third guy on a strong team to really be at his best, he is not the guy who can carry the team himself. Bring him to Cleveland and ask him to be a poor man’s Lebron and you’re basically moving the Sixers issues to the Midwest.
But the idea that the Sixers are listening to offers for Iguodala and will seriously consider moving him is the key thing here.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games