Dec 5, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Acie Law was a lottery pick, No. 11 overall, a smart and crafty player coming out of Texas A&M that seemed well suited to running an NBA team from the point. Not the most explosive guy, but he showed an ability to get to the rim and then kick out to open teammates.
It hasn’t worked out that way. At all. Law never developed much of a jumper and his ability to get to the rim with his herky-jerky style never really worked in the NBA. Memphis brought him in to be a backup to Mike Conley, but rookie Greivis Vasquez beat him out.
So Saturday, the Grizzlies waived Law. That is his fourth team in the last two seasons that traded or let him go. Not a good sign.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4