Dec 5, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Acie Law was a lottery pick, No. 11 overall, a smart and crafty player coming out of Texas A&M that seemed well suited to running an NBA team from the point. Not the most explosive guy, but he showed an ability to get to the rim and then kick out to open teammates.
It hasn’t worked out that way. At all. Law never developed much of a jumper and his ability to get to the rim with his herky-jerky style never really worked in the NBA. Memphis brought him in to be a backup to Mike Conley, but rookie Greivis Vasquez beat him out.
So Saturday, the Grizzlies waived Law. That is his fourth team in the last two seasons that traded or let him go. Not a good sign.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 3
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 9
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16