Dec 5, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Acie Law was a lottery pick, No. 11 overall, a smart and crafty player coming out of Texas A&M that seemed well suited to running an NBA team from the point. Not the most explosive guy, but he showed an ability to get to the rim and then kick out to open teammates.
It hasn’t worked out that way. At all. Law never developed much of a jumper and his ability to get to the rim with his herky-jerky style never really worked in the NBA. Memphis brought him in to be a backup to Mike Conley, but rookie Greivis Vasquez beat him out.
So Saturday, the Grizzlies waived Law. That is his fourth team in the last two seasons that traded or let him go. Not a good sign.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 6
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 3
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 46
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45