Dec 5, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Acie Law was a lottery pick, No. 11 overall, a smart and crafty player coming out of Texas A&M that seemed well suited to running an NBA team from the point. Not the most explosive guy, but he showed an ability to get to the rim and then kick out to open teammates.
It hasn’t worked out that way. At all. Law never developed much of a jumper and his ability to get to the rim with his herky-jerky style never really worked in the NBA. Memphis brought him in to be a backup to Mike Conley, but rookie Greivis Vasquez beat him out.
So Saturday, the Grizzlies waived Law. That is his fourth team in the last two seasons that traded or let him go. Not a good sign.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42