Dec 5, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
The New York Knicks could use some more scoring and defensive presence in the paint — Ronny Turiaf has been in and out of the lineup with injuries, and Timofey Mozgov is still learning how to do more than just pick up fouls in the NBA.
Well, there is Eddy Curry….
He is healthy enough and would love to play, the New York Post reports. However, the team is winning right now — 8-2 in their last 10 — so Mike D’Antoni is not messing with the rotations and injecting a wild card.
“Yeah, I am (ready to play). At the same we’re winning, and I’m not trying to disrupt that or disrupt anything around here,” Curry said. “It’s been a while since I played, but I haven’t been sitting around. I’ve been practicing, doing extra work to make sure I can get up and down. At the end of the day, it’s just basketball, what I’ve been doing my whole life. I don’t want to get into deserve or not deserve. I’m ready whenever he needs me.”
“To be honest, I’m playing it close to the vest,” (D’Antoni) said. “I’m not going to give up a couple of games just to [spot Curry] when I don’t know. If it’s Raymond [Felton] or Amar’e [Stoudemire] you do it. You just don’t know [with Curry]. It’s a tough situation for us right now.”
“I feel I have [shown something in scrimmages],” Curry said. “It’s not what I feel. It’s what he feels.”
He feels he can’t trust you, based on history. Playing Curry is a desperation move and right now the Knicks are not desperate. Eventually they may need to give him some run, maybe to interest teams in a trade or just to see what he can do.
But the Knicks are on a hot streak, and you have to respect the streak.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36