Dec 4, 2010, 9:30 PM EST
UPDATE 10:00 pm: Iverson on his twitter account denies these rumors, saying he is enjoying the experience and building good chemistry with his teammates.
What else is he going to say? You can choose to believe whatever you wish here, the “answer” will come with his actions soon enough.
9:30 pm: What was the under/over on Allen Iverson lasting in Turkey? A month?
Rumors are already circulating in international basketball circles and on the Web sites that follow it — such as Sportando — that Iverson is unhappy playing for Besiktas and wants out.
It’s hard to know the reality on the ground from half the globe away, but would that really surprise anyone? He reportedly doesn’t like the chemistry between the club and the fans and has received criticism for his play.
Iverson has averaged 12.3 points, 1.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists through three games. He is shooting 35.7 percent. Iverson, one of the kings of low-efficiency isolation basketball, was always a questionable fit in the European style of play. But he had no choice as no NBA team would take a shot on him after his performances on the court and in the locker room for both Memphis and Philadelphia last season.
No idea how this plays out, he may well stay in Istanbul, but this European adventure flaming out quickly would surprise nobody.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 0
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 5
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 48
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28