Dec 4, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
UPDATE 10:00 pm: Iverson on his twitter account denies these rumors, saying he is enjoying the experience and building good chemistry with his teammates.
What else is he going to say? You can choose to believe whatever you wish here, the “answer” will come with his actions soon enough.
9:30 pm: What was the under/over on Allen Iverson lasting in Turkey? A month?
Rumors are already circulating in international basketball circles and on the Web sites that follow it — such as Sportando — that Iverson is unhappy playing for Besiktas and wants out.
It’s hard to know the reality on the ground from half the globe away, but would that really surprise anyone? He reportedly doesn’t like the chemistry between the club and the fans and has received criticism for his play.
Iverson has averaged 12.3 points, 1.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists through three games. He is shooting 35.7 percent. Iverson, one of the kings of low-efficiency isolation basketball, was always a questionable fit in the European style of play. But he had no choice as no NBA team would take a shot on him after his performances on the court and in the locker room for both Memphis and Philadelphia last season.
No idea how this plays out, he may well stay in Istanbul, but this European adventure flaming out quickly would surprise nobody.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 13
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29