Dec 4, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
UPDATE 10:00 pm: Iverson on his twitter account denies these rumors, saying he is enjoying the experience and building good chemistry with his teammates.
What else is he going to say? You can choose to believe whatever you wish here, the “answer” will come with his actions soon enough.
9:30 pm: What was the under/over on Allen Iverson lasting in Turkey? A month?
Rumors are already circulating in international basketball circles and on the Web sites that follow it — such as Sportando — that Iverson is unhappy playing for Besiktas and wants out.
It’s hard to know the reality on the ground from half the globe away, but would that really surprise anyone? He reportedly doesn’t like the chemistry between the club and the fans and has received criticism for his play.
Iverson has averaged 12.3 points, 1.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists through three games. He is shooting 35.7 percent. Iverson, one of the kings of low-efficiency isolation basketball, was always a questionable fit in the European style of play. But he had no choice as no NBA team would take a shot on him after his performances on the court and in the locker room for both Memphis and Philadelphia last season.
No idea how this plays out, he may well stay in Istanbul, but this European adventure flaming out quickly would surprise nobody.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 20
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 7
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 18
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26