Dec 4, 2010, 9:30 PM EST
UPDATE 10:00 pm: Iverson on his twitter account denies these rumors, saying he is enjoying the experience and building good chemistry with his teammates.
What else is he going to say? You can choose to believe whatever you wish here, the “answer” will come with his actions soon enough.
9:30 pm: What was the under/over on Allen Iverson lasting in Turkey? A month?
Rumors are already circulating in international basketball circles and on the Web sites that follow it — such as Sportando — that Iverson is unhappy playing for Besiktas and wants out.
It’s hard to know the reality on the ground from half the globe away, but would that really surprise anyone? He reportedly doesn’t like the chemistry between the club and the fans and has received criticism for his play.
Iverson has averaged 12.3 points, 1.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists through three games. He is shooting 35.7 percent. Iverson, one of the kings of low-efficiency isolation basketball, was always a questionable fit in the European style of play. But he had no choice as no NBA team would take a shot on him after his performances on the court and in the locker room for both Memphis and Philadelphia last season.
No idea how this plays out, he may well stay in Istanbul, but this European adventure flaming out quickly would surprise nobody.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 10
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6