Dec 4, 2010, 7:46 PM EDT
Christian Lambert is one happy boy tonight.
Lambert for his eighth birthday gift didn’t want the Lego Star Wars for Wii (which is crazy, I want that) — he wanted to go see the Miami Heat play. So his parents splurged and bought him tickets to go see the Heat take on the Orlando Magic in Tampa Bay this preseason.
You remember that game, the one that had to be canceled because of the wet floor.
Try telling an 8-year-old he’s not getting the thing you promised him for his birthday.
The Heat got word of this and arranged for fly him and his family to Miami for the night so they could see the Heat take on the Hawks tonight, all expenses paid, according to Tim Reynolds with the Associated Press.
Personally, I think subjecting a child to watching the Hawks lackluster offensive rebounding borders on cruel, but he is happy.
So tonight Lambert gets his birthday wish. And it’s proof that not everything the Heat does is evil.
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 0
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 7
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 26
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10