Dec 4, 2010, 7:46 PM EDT
Christian Lambert is one happy boy tonight.
Lambert for his eighth birthday gift didn’t want the Lego Star Wars for Wii (which is crazy, I want that) — he wanted to go see the Miami Heat play. So his parents splurged and bought him tickets to go see the Heat take on the Orlando Magic in Tampa Bay this preseason.
You remember that game, the one that had to be canceled because of the wet floor.
Try telling an 8-year-old he’s not getting the thing you promised him for his birthday.
The Heat got word of this and arranged for fly him and his family to Miami for the night so they could see the Heat take on the Hawks tonight, all expenses paid, according to Tim Reynolds with the Associated Press.
Personally, I think subjecting a child to watching the Hawks lackluster offensive rebounding borders on cruel, but he is happy.
So tonight Lambert gets his birthday wish. And it’s proof that not everything the Heat does is evil.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10