Dec 4, 2010, 7:46 PM EDT
Christian Lambert is one happy boy tonight.
Lambert for his eighth birthday gift didn’t want the Lego Star Wars for Wii (which is crazy, I want that) — he wanted to go see the Miami Heat play. So his parents splurged and bought him tickets to go see the Heat take on the Orlando Magic in Tampa Bay this preseason.
You remember that game, the one that had to be canceled because of the wet floor.
Try telling an 8-year-old he’s not getting the thing you promised him for his birthday.
The Heat got word of this and arranged for fly him and his family to Miami for the night so they could see the Heat take on the Hawks tonight, all expenses paid, according to Tim Reynolds with the Associated Press.
Personally, I think subjecting a child to watching the Hawks lackluster offensive rebounding borders on cruel, but he is happy.
So tonight Lambert gets his birthday wish. And it’s proof that not everything the Heat does is evil.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12