Dec 4, 2010, 7:46 PM EST
Christian Lambert is one happy boy tonight.
Lambert for his eighth birthday gift didn’t want the Lego Star Wars for Wii (which is crazy, I want that) — he wanted to go see the Miami Heat play. So his parents splurged and bought him tickets to go see the Heat take on the Orlando Magic in Tampa Bay this preseason.
You remember that game, the one that had to be canceled because of the wet floor.
Try telling an 8-year-old he’s not getting the thing you promised him for his birthday.
The Heat got word of this and arranged for fly him and his family to Miami for the night so they could see the Heat take on the Hawks tonight, all expenses paid, according to Tim Reynolds with the Associated Press.
Personally, I think subjecting a child to watching the Hawks lackluster offensive rebounding borders on cruel, but he is happy.
So tonight Lambert gets his birthday wish. And it’s proof that not everything the Heat does is evil.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 14
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 52
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28