Dec 4, 2010, 3:00 PM EST
Just like the invading aliens in H.G. Wells “War of the Worlds,” nothing has been able to stop the Orlando Magic — except a flu bug.
Tonight, while the Magic are in Milwaukee taking on the Bucks, Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick and Mickael Pietrus will all be back in Orlando trying to recover from a virulent case of the flu that has left them too sick to play, according to the Associated Press. Toss in Ryan Anderson’s sprained ankle and Stan Van Gundy will have just eight players to choose from Saturday night.
Despite it all, the Magic come in on a six game winning streak, but the bug is doing its best to end that.
It all started Wednesday in Chicago when Redick came down with the flue and couldn’t play. Pietrus caught it from him, tried to play anyway and ended up throwing up in the hallway after leaving the game. Friday night Jameer Nelson and Redick were not even in the building, having flown back to Orlando already, while Howard and Pietrus sat out the game because of the bug.
Now all four of them have been sent back in the hopes nobody else on the team comes down with it.
There is probably a 50/50 chance you are going to get sick just by reading this story. Just so you know.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8