Dec 4, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Just like the invading aliens in H.G. Wells “War of the Worlds,” nothing has been able to stop the Orlando Magic — except a flu bug.
Tonight, while the Magic are in Milwaukee taking on the Bucks, Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick and Mickael Pietrus will all be back in Orlando trying to recover from a virulent case of the flu that has left them too sick to play, according to the Associated Press. Toss in Ryan Anderson’s sprained ankle and Stan Van Gundy will have just eight players to choose from Saturday night.
Despite it all, the Magic come in on a six game winning streak, but the bug is doing its best to end that.
It all started Wednesday in Chicago when Redick came down with the flue and couldn’t play. Pietrus caught it from him, tried to play anyway and ended up throwing up in the hallway after leaving the game. Friday night Jameer Nelson and Redick were not even in the building, having flown back to Orlando already, while Howard and Pietrus sat out the game because of the bug.
Now all four of them have been sent back in the hopes nobody else on the team comes down with it.
There is probably a 50/50 chance you are going to get sick just by reading this story. Just so you know.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 0
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 28
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5