Dec 4, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Just like the invading aliens in H.G. Wells “War of the Worlds,” nothing has been able to stop the Orlando Magic — except a flu bug.
Tonight, while the Magic are in Milwaukee taking on the Bucks, Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick and Mickael Pietrus will all be back in Orlando trying to recover from a virulent case of the flu that has left them too sick to play, according to the Associated Press. Toss in Ryan Anderson’s sprained ankle and Stan Van Gundy will have just eight players to choose from Saturday night.
Despite it all, the Magic come in on a six game winning streak, but the bug is doing its best to end that.
It all started Wednesday in Chicago when Redick came down with the flue and couldn’t play. Pietrus caught it from him, tried to play anyway and ended up throwing up in the hallway after leaving the game. Friday night Jameer Nelson and Redick were not even in the building, having flown back to Orlando already, while Howard and Pietrus sat out the game because of the bug.
Now all four of them have been sent back in the hopes nobody else on the team comes down with it.
There is probably a 50/50 chance you are going to get sick just by reading this story. Just so you know.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28