Dec 3, 2010, 8:19 AM EDT
When the Heat first ran out on the court for warmups Thursday night, one guy came up in LeBron James face. He was yelling and pointing — and quickly security was on him. He was ejected.
That man was the exception to the rule. By and large Cavaliers fans wanted to boo and vent — there was a chant calling LeBron an “a—hole” and some other vulgar things yelled — but few really crossed the line.
Final stats, as reported by Cavaliers: 1 arrest. 4 ejections, 12 confiscated T-shirts and 24 confiscated signs.
Sam Amick of FanHouse adds this story from late in the game.
A battery was, in fact, thrown, falling near the Heat bench late in the game and thankfully not doing any damage. The same couldn’t be said for man who was carried out by three policemen, his drunken misbehavior leading to an attempted arrest gone wrong. While the lawsuit that is sure to ensue will surely have all the details, the unmistakable image from inside the arena press room as he was dragged off was the blood dripping off his beaten face. Witnesses said it was done by the law enforcement officials after he put up the dumbest of fights.
In the grand scheme of things, that’s nothing. Part of it may be that the Heat’s domination sucked the life out of the building, the boos got much quieter in the second half. But part of it is that people were reasonable, and that’s all we could hope for.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 0
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 16
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3