Dec 3, 2010, 8:19 AM EDT
When the Heat first ran out on the court for warmups Thursday night, one guy came up in LeBron James face. He was yelling and pointing — and quickly security was on him. He was ejected.
That man was the exception to the rule. By and large Cavaliers fans wanted to boo and vent — there was a chant calling LeBron an “a—hole” and some other vulgar things yelled — but few really crossed the line.
Final stats, as reported by Cavaliers: 1 arrest. 4 ejections, 12 confiscated T-shirts and 24 confiscated signs.
Sam Amick of FanHouse adds this story from late in the game.
A battery was, in fact, thrown, falling near the Heat bench late in the game and thankfully not doing any damage. The same couldn’t be said for man who was carried out by three policemen, his drunken misbehavior leading to an attempted arrest gone wrong. While the lawsuit that is sure to ensue will surely have all the details, the unmistakable image from inside the arena press room as he was dragged off was the blood dripping off his beaten face. Witnesses said it was done by the law enforcement officials after he put up the dumbest of fights.
In the grand scheme of things, that’s nothing. Part of it may be that the Heat’s domination sucked the life out of the building, the boos got much quieter in the second half. But part of it is that people were reasonable, and that’s all we could hope for.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4