Dec 3, 2010, 1:35 AM EDT
Minutes after the Cavaliers were done throttling the Cleveland Cavaliers in LeBron Jame’s homecoming, James spoke to TNT’s Craig Sager and his relatively mild suit this time around. You can see the video below.
At one point James said he would “just try to continue the greatness for myself here in Miami and just try to get better every day.” That phrasing lit up twitter with people saying he sounding egotistical and selfish. He tweeted about the comment later.
Did a post game interview with Craig Sager and I mentioned “Greatness” and I didn’t mean my self individually, I meant to say US as a TEAM working towards “Greatness”. Anyways Great Team Win for US tonight!
Watch the whole interview (the comment in question is around the 1:15 mark) and decide for yourself.
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 1
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 14
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings