Dec 3, 2010, 1:35 AM EDT
Minutes after the Cavaliers were done throttling the Cleveland Cavaliers in LeBron Jame’s homecoming, James spoke to TNT’s Craig Sager and his relatively mild suit this time around. You can see the video below.
At one point James said he would “just try to continue the greatness for myself here in Miami and just try to get better every day.” That phrasing lit up twitter with people saying he sounding egotistical and selfish. He tweeted about the comment later.
Did a post game interview with Craig Sager and I mentioned “Greatness” and I didn’t mean my self individually, I meant to say US as a TEAM working towards “Greatness”. Anyways Great Team Win for US tonight!
Watch the whole interview (the comment in question is around the 1:15 mark) and decide for yourself.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 8
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6