Dec 3, 2010, 5:55 AM EDT
What, there was another game Thursday night?
Yes, one with a big homecoming too — Jason Richardson returned to Oakland… okay, maybe we can let this theme of the night go. But the Suns beat the Warriors 107-101 and Richardson did have 25 points.
Both teams were in triple digits but the game wasn’t as fast (94 possessions) nor the complete offensive show we had hoped for. Not that there was a lot of defense played but the Suns did give it more than lip service, they tried. Phoenix started Earl Barron to try and have a big, defensive presence in the paint — like Robin Lopez gives them when healthy — and it sort of worked.
If you’re looking for a key difference, the Suns made 21-22 free throws, the Warriors 10-17. Also, Nash had 16 assists and when he is setting others up it usually means easy buckets and a Suns win.
Monta Ellis had 35, David Lee 25 for Golden State, which is now 2-8 in their last 10.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 21
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 12
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 17
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months