Dec 3, 2010, 8:51 PM EDT
A chorus of people — led by Charles Barkley — questioned what looked like some friendly banter between the LeBron James and the Cavaliers bench Thursday night.
For the most part, people have questioned how the Cavs could joke around with the guy kicking their, um, behind.
But apparently it wasn’t that friendly. As Daniel Gibson told the Associated Press.
Some things went on last night,” Gibson said, “that I didn’t like.”
But it looked like everyone was joking around
“I’ve heard that, and that kind of rubs me the wrong way,” Gibson said. “We all know LeBron and we all know that he enjoys being in front of the camera. To say we were fraternizing and being friendly … nobody knows what was said and the things that were said probably could not be repeated right now. We wanted to win the game and those guys brought it to us…
“I think people, from the outside looking in, might say we were laughing and joking with him, but if you could hear the things that were said, you would know that wasn’t the case,” Gibson said. “There was nothing friendly about the conversation we had.”
If so, that was the one thing the Cavs did right last night.
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 0
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 19
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19