Dec 3, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The Bobcats’ Gerald Henderson has missed almost three weeks of action while recovering from a left knee injury.
Oh really? You didn’t know?
I guess that might have something to do with Charlotte’s disappointing 6-12 record, a far cry from their 44-38 finish a season ago. Or maybe just the fact that despite seeing a bump in minutes this season to around 13 a game, Henderson has yet to make an impact. Wrap up both and it’s no surprise that Henderson has yet to become a household name, despite coming from one of the biggest college programs in the country.
I’m not sure exactly what style of play would better show off Henderson’s talents (lots of players look great in a fast breaking offense, but wold a faster pace really do all that much for Henderson?), but thus far under Larry Brown, Henderson has yet to establish himself as an NBA player.
Henderson is young yet. He still has plenty of time to prove himself as a scorer and defender, and according to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer, his season is likely to resume in about a week’s time. I hope your knee’s feeling better, Gerald. You’ve got some work to do.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 19
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 10
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 15
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months