Dec 3, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The Bobcats’ Gerald Henderson has missed almost three weeks of action while recovering from a left knee injury.
Oh really? You didn’t know?
I guess that might have something to do with Charlotte’s disappointing 6-12 record, a far cry from their 44-38 finish a season ago. Or maybe just the fact that despite seeing a bump in minutes this season to around 13 a game, Henderson has yet to make an impact. Wrap up both and it’s no surprise that Henderson has yet to become a household name, despite coming from one of the biggest college programs in the country.
I’m not sure exactly what style of play would better show off Henderson’s talents (lots of players look great in a fast breaking offense, but wold a faster pace really do all that much for Henderson?), but thus far under Larry Brown, Henderson has yet to establish himself as an NBA player.
Henderson is young yet. He still has plenty of time to prove himself as a scorer and defender, and according to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer, his season is likely to resume in about a week’s time. I hope your knee’s feeling better, Gerald. You’ve got some work to do.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18