Dec 3, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The Bobcats’ Gerald Henderson has missed almost three weeks of action while recovering from a left knee injury.
Oh really? You didn’t know?
I guess that might have something to do with Charlotte’s disappointing 6-12 record, a far cry from their 44-38 finish a season ago. Or maybe just the fact that despite seeing a bump in minutes this season to around 13 a game, Henderson has yet to make an impact. Wrap up both and it’s no surprise that Henderson has yet to become a household name, despite coming from one of the biggest college programs in the country.
I’m not sure exactly what style of play would better show off Henderson’s talents (lots of players look great in a fast breaking offense, but wold a faster pace really do all that much for Henderson?), but thus far under Larry Brown, Henderson has yet to establish himself as an NBA player.
Henderson is young yet. He still has plenty of time to prove himself as a scorer and defender, and according to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer, his season is likely to resume in about a week’s time. I hope your knee’s feeling better, Gerald. You’ve got some work to do.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 9
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73