Dec 3, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The Bobcats’ Gerald Henderson has missed almost three weeks of action while recovering from a left knee injury.
Oh really? You didn’t know?
I guess that might have something to do with Charlotte’s disappointing 6-12 record, a far cry from their 44-38 finish a season ago. Or maybe just the fact that despite seeing a bump in minutes this season to around 13 a game, Henderson has yet to make an impact. Wrap up both and it’s no surprise that Henderson has yet to become a household name, despite coming from one of the biggest college programs in the country.
I’m not sure exactly what style of play would better show off Henderson’s talents (lots of players look great in a fast breaking offense, but wold a faster pace really do all that much for Henderson?), but thus far under Larry Brown, Henderson has yet to establish himself as an NBA player.
Henderson is young yet. He still has plenty of time to prove himself as a scorer and defender, and according to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer, his season is likely to resume in about a week’s time. I hope your knee’s feeling better, Gerald. You’ve got some work to do.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 3
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2