Dec 3, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
The Bobcats’ Gerald Henderson has missed almost three weeks of action while recovering from a left knee injury.
Oh really? You didn’t know?
I guess that might have something to do with Charlotte’s disappointing 6-12 record, a far cry from their 44-38 finish a season ago. Or maybe just the fact that despite seeing a bump in minutes this season to around 13 a game, Henderson has yet to make an impact. Wrap up both and it’s no surprise that Henderson has yet to become a household name, despite coming from one of the biggest college programs in the country.
I’m not sure exactly what style of play would better show off Henderson’s talents (lots of players look great in a fast breaking offense, but wold a faster pace really do all that much for Henderson?), but thus far under Larry Brown, Henderson has yet to establish himself as an NBA player.
Henderson is young yet. He still has plenty of time to prove himself as a scorer and defender, and according to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer, his season is likely to resume in about a week’s time. I hope your knee’s feeling better, Gerald. You’ve got some work to do.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48