Dec 3, 2010, 10:36 AM EDT
The fans may have been relatively good last night, but Miami’s Eddie House almost was not.
Eddie House wasn’t willing to forgive Cavs guard Boobie Gibson for the events that led to double technical fouls in the late fourth quarter, and that standoff nearly segued into the worst of postgame scenes. House, who could be heard saying “When that (expletive) turns the corner I’m putting my hands on him,” sat in the hallway near the Heat locker room having to be talked out of attacking Gibson. Carlos Arroyo, Jamaal Magloire and a number of security staff helped avert this conflict.
Guys get frustrated all the time, and they talk big, but rarely does things reach the point where others feel the need to intercede. Fortunately, cooler heads won out here, too.
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 0
- Carmelo Anthony confirms Phil Jackson “will be coming on board” with Knicks 9
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 26
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 17