Dec 3, 2010, 10:36 AM EST
The fans may have been relatively good last night, but Miami’s Eddie House almost was not.
Eddie House wasn’t willing to forgive Cavs guard Boobie Gibson for the events that led to double technical fouls in the late fourth quarter, and that standoff nearly segued into the worst of postgame scenes. House, who could be heard saying “When that (expletive) turns the corner I’m putting my hands on him,” sat in the hallway near the Heat locker room having to be talked out of attacking Gibson. Carlos Arroyo, Jamaal Magloire and a number of security staff helped avert this conflict.
Guys get frustrated all the time, and they talk big, but rarely does things reach the point where others feel the need to intercede. Fortunately, cooler heads won out here, too.
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 2
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 5
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 33
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 41
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 20