Dec 3, 2010, 10:36 AM EDT
The fans may have been relatively good last night, but Miami’s Eddie House almost was not.
Eddie House wasn’t willing to forgive Cavs guard Boobie Gibson for the events that led to double technical fouls in the late fourth quarter, and that standoff nearly segued into the worst of postgame scenes. House, who could be heard saying “When that (expletive) turns the corner I’m putting my hands on him,” sat in the hallway near the Heat locker room having to be talked out of attacking Gibson. Carlos Arroyo, Jamaal Magloire and a number of security staff helped avert this conflict.
Guys get frustrated all the time, and they talk big, but rarely does things reach the point where others feel the need to intercede. Fortunately, cooler heads won out here, too.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 9
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 46
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16