Dec 3, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
The New Orleans Hornets will take on the Knicks tonight, and you know what that means — time for some vintage New York speculation.
Obviously, Chris Paul wants to be a Knick more than anything in the whole wide world. Why else would he have gone to Carmelo Anthony’s wedding in New York and made a toast that he would love to play with other great players.
Then he told the New York Post this:
“I’m a huge fan of Coach (Mike) D’Antoni’s, and he really has those guys going right now. And any time you have a personality like Amar’e [Stoudemire] on your team and Raymond running your show, you’re going to be tough.”
Could he be any more clear he is dying to come to your city, New Yorkers? To join Carmelo Anthony and Amare in another big-three superteam. New York is perfect for him, it has everything. It’s not like Paul can find good restaurants in New Orleans…
Just to keep your fantasy going, you might want to ignore he reality of what he has said lately, like this to the Times-Picayune yesterday about that legendary toast and his future.
“That’s over and done with, it’s all about the next game. The summer is over,’’ Paul said Thursday. “That’s why I’m so happy it’s the season now.
“I haven’t talked to Carmelo, to tell you the truth. I have no clue, all I can do is worry about Chris Paul’s future and right now my future is to shower and go pick up my son from school, that’s about it.”
Paul is giving the Hornets new management and soon-to-be incoming owner a chance, and so far they have delivered fairly well. The super-fast start was a bit of a mirage, but the Hornets are playing better and in the future may be spending to improve this roster. There is hope and Paul is not talking about moving on.
But that doesn’t fit the storyline well in New York, so go back to that toast this summer and dream.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38