Dec 3, 2010, 12:33 PM EDT
There was a lot of anger in Cleveland last night, a lot of “a—hole” chants and a handful of people tossed from the building.
It reminded the Suns Josh Childress of Greece (where he played the last two seasons).
Well, not really, the Cavaliers fans were not angry enough and did not throw explosives or bodily waste onto the floor. Which is what Childress told FanHouse he saw launched while in Greece.
“Pieces of marble to ceramic, M-80s, lighters, cameras, cell phones, coins, bottles of urine, feces. Everything.”
Wait a minute? Bottles of urine?
“Actually, some of my buddies got hit with them,” Childress said. “I don’t even know why you would think to do that.”
“It’s as bad as it sounds,” Childress said.
Childress said the rule was not to pick up any paper or anything thrown on the court because people would wrap the explosives in them.
Anytime I become disappointed in how we as Americans act as fans at sporting events, I can count on the fans in other countries — usually soccer fans — to remind me just how bad it could be.
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 6
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 9
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 24
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 15
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement