Dec 2, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
The Lakers may have lost four in a row — and Ron Artest may have missed a game winner at the buzzer in two of those — but the man still has his sense of humor.
Artest called the official Houston Rockets radio post game show pretending to be Luis Scola as a prank (follow this link to hear it) last night. On television this clearly would not have worked because their hair is so different, but on the radio… really, Artest’s voice is fairly distinctive and his fake Argentinian accent is terrible. So it shouldn’t have worked, but it did.
And it was pretty funny. Some harmless fun. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:
“I think I’m the best player in the world and no one can stop me. I feel like I’m like Shaq.”
(After Chuck Hayes came up in the conversation) “Chuck Wagon he didn’t play with any boxers on today. He said he wanted to play and just play hard. He had no boxers on tonight, no Spandex — he play freeballing.”
He said he’d celebrate by eating some Spanish food. Which isn’t even the right continent. But Artest probably knew that, remember he played with Scola and Hayes and a bunch of the guys still on the team when he was a Rocket.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15