Dec 2, 2010, 2:54 PM EST
The Lakers may have lost four in a row — and Ron Artest may have missed a game winner at the buzzer in two of those — but the man still has his sense of humor.
Artest called the official Houston Rockets radio post game show pretending to be Luis Scola as a prank (follow this link to hear it) last night. On television this clearly would not have worked because their hair is so different, but on the radio… really, Artest’s voice is fairly distinctive and his fake Argentinian accent is terrible. So it shouldn’t have worked, but it did.
And it was pretty funny. Some harmless fun. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:
“I think I’m the best player in the world and no one can stop me. I feel like I’m like Shaq.”
(After Chuck Hayes came up in the conversation) “Chuck Wagon he didn’t play with any boxers on today. He said he wanted to play and just play hard. He had no boxers on tonight, no Spandex — he play freeballing.”
He said he’d celebrate by eating some Spanish food. Which isn’t even the right continent. But Artest probably knew that, remember he played with Scola and Hayes and a bunch of the guys still on the team when he was a Rocket.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 6
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 7
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 40
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18