Dec 2, 2010, 2:54 PM EST
The Lakers may have lost four in a row — and Ron Artest may have missed a game winner at the buzzer in two of those — but the man still has his sense of humor.
Artest called the official Houston Rockets radio post game show pretending to be Luis Scola as a prank (follow this link to hear it) last night. On television this clearly would not have worked because their hair is so different, but on the radio… really, Artest’s voice is fairly distinctive and his fake Argentinian accent is terrible. So it shouldn’t have worked, but it did.
And it was pretty funny. Some harmless fun. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:
“I think I’m the best player in the world and no one can stop me. I feel like I’m like Shaq.”
(After Chuck Hayes came up in the conversation) “Chuck Wagon he didn’t play with any boxers on today. He said he wanted to play and just play hard. He had no boxers on tonight, no Spandex — he play freeballing.”
He said he’d celebrate by eating some Spanish food. Which isn’t even the right continent. But Artest probably knew that, remember he played with Scola and Hayes and a bunch of the guys still on the team when he was a Rocket.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 3
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)