Dec 2, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
The Lakers may have lost four in a row — and Ron Artest may have missed a game winner at the buzzer in two of those — but the man still has his sense of humor.
Artest called the official Houston Rockets radio post game show pretending to be Luis Scola as a prank (follow this link to hear it) last night. On television this clearly would not have worked because their hair is so different, but on the radio… really, Artest’s voice is fairly distinctive and his fake Argentinian accent is terrible. So it shouldn’t have worked, but it did.
And it was pretty funny. Some harmless fun. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:
“I think I’m the best player in the world and no one can stop me. I feel like I’m like Shaq.”
(After Chuck Hayes came up in the conversation) “Chuck Wagon he didn’t play with any boxers on today. He said he wanted to play and just play hard. He had no boxers on tonight, no Spandex — he play freeballing.”
He said he’d celebrate by eating some Spanish food. Which isn’t even the right continent. But Artest probably knew that, remember he played with Scola and Hayes and a bunch of the guys still on the team when he was a Rocket.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 3
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 27
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 47
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 84
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13