Dec 2, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
The Lakers may have lost four in a row — and Ron Artest may have missed a game winner at the buzzer in two of those — but the man still has his sense of humor.
Artest called the official Houston Rockets radio post game show pretending to be Luis Scola as a prank (follow this link to hear it) last night. On television this clearly would not have worked because their hair is so different, but on the radio… really, Artest’s voice is fairly distinctive and his fake Argentinian accent is terrible. So it shouldn’t have worked, but it did.
And it was pretty funny. Some harmless fun. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:
“I think I’m the best player in the world and no one can stop me. I feel like I’m like Shaq.”
(After Chuck Hayes came up in the conversation) “Chuck Wagon he didn’t play with any boxers on today. He said he wanted to play and just play hard. He had no boxers on tonight, no Spandex — he play freeballing.”
He said he’d celebrate by eating some Spanish food. Which isn’t even the right continent. But Artest probably knew that, remember he played with Scola and Hayes and a bunch of the guys still on the team when he was a Rocket.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 0
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 44
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 64
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16